2009 GMC Envoy

More products from GMC >>
Envoy MSRP: $ 27015.00 - $ 35995.00

The GMC Envoy is GMC’s midsize luxury SUV that shares a traditional body-on-frame SUV platform with the Chevrolet TrailBlazer.

4WDGIRL

April 16, 2010

Price Paid:  $18000.00 from Dealership

Strengths:
comfort, style, quiet ride, sunroof, moonroof, window defrost, safety, fuel mileage, auto 4WD, tire pressure monitor, automatic traction control

Weaknesses:
window seals wear down quicker than normal, no cargo mat available for rear, no Ipod port to plug in. The heater system is kind of a poor design, when you switch to bi-level heat: the driver side air flow is restricted so much that you can barely feel any heat out of the top vents or the floor vents...but yet the passenger side has a great amount of heat coming out of it. Took to the dealer and they told me that was just the design of the heating system. Plastic trim inside looks nice, but feels cheap and seems like it's lacking in quality for how well it stands the test of time.

Summary:
Overall I love my Envoy! It has a few things that I wish were different on it: mostly the heat issue and the window seals, but everything else is pretty great. I think I would have opted for the 3 seat SLT style had I been able to find one with low mileage, but no luck, I have a 2 row and it's nice but would be great for lugging around all the family at times.

Interior is easy to clean, as everything folds down or comes out to be able to clean little cracks and crevices, which is nice.

The automatic traction control is FANTASTIC!!! Had a rough winter and it saved my tail a few times when driving on black ice. Nice option!

I love my Envoy, but it wasn't until after I bought it did I realize how many are out there on the road!!! Too bad I couldn't have something a little less popular....but none the less, great vehicle, great price, and too bad they stopped manufacturing them! Guess the Yukon Denali will be my next trade-up!

keenan

December 5, 2010

Price Paid:  $16767.00 from Victory Motors

2007 GMC/Envoy SLE

Strengths:
Turning Radius is incredible, quickness for an suv makes me forget i'm in a suv.Comfortable ride and very comfortable my wife wanted a yukon i told her to try the envoy out first plus yukon would've been cramped in the carport,she loves it she now say's its her dream vehicle and i can't stay out of it and did i mention how handsome it is we have the navy blue nothing looks finer coming out of a car wash with tire gel dripping from the tires.

Weaknesses:
Hate location of seat belts,needs light in glove compartment and first cupholder too close to shifter.I think gas mileage is descent at 18 avg wife thinks it guzzles.

Summary:
Highly reccommend this vehicle have been GM lover for most of my life,when i'm driving this vehicle no other vehicle intimidates me at all. Keep up the the good work GM.

FORD EXPLORER,FORD EDGE,RAM 1500,CADILLAC ESCLADE only might have driven better.

rjgnwdc

May 24, 2007

Price Paid:  $35500.00 from Farrish GMC

2007 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Strengths:
The performance is great chews up and spits out any of the Japanese SUV's has more horsepower and torque then any other SUV in it's class (Midsize 6cyl)and most fullsize 8cyl.The Onstar diagnostics is a real bonus (free for 1yr)it has the hands free phone built in which is really nice,XM satellite radio, interior is so quiet and smooth riding not to mention it looks great a real head turner

Weaknesses:
I really have not come across any, some have said the gas mileage but I'm not complaining about an avg 18.6mpg

Summary:
2007 GMC ENVOY SLT 1 4 DR SUV 4WD -
I bought it 03/22 I have about 3000 miles and they are excellent miles. This is a road machine, you set up in a commanding position, ride comfort and handling prowess are all superior, It has a very confident and agile feel to it while rolling down the highway, has 18” wheels and responses very well to rapid moves (cuts & swerves), The inline 6 cy 4.2 liter w\291hp is extremely responsive when you need it. The Envoy is a very quiet ride, wind & road noise are minimal. A little tuff to turn at parking lot speeds 0 to 10mph but I’ll get over it. My Envoy has everything we could want, 2 pos memory seats\ heat mirrors 8 way with lumbar, imbedded cell phone (Bluetooth like) service with Onstar service (1yr free), XM, 6cd Bose system, Auto AC all the airbags including curtain AB through out. Elegant leather interior very comfortable, better then my old Crown Victoria. Gas mileage was an expected negative but is not terrible. This is an outstanding vehicle for the price, I did 6 months of research before I bought this Envoy and I have owned Chevy’s & Fords and test drove all the other competitors. GMC has built a quality vehicle with quality parts, fit and finish is second to none I’m very impressed with this True American car builder I am very pleased with our final chose.

2007 Toy Highlander& 4runner, 07Jeep Cherokee,07 Ford Explorer, 07Nissan Xterra,07 Honda Pilot

BillyBob

July 20, 2006

Price Paid:  $41800.00 from N. VA

2006 Envoy Denali

Strengths:
Seats are comfortable. Smooth ride. Looks great. Good safety features. Cargo room.

Weaknesses:
Can't get tan leather interior, not sure why? Only black or light gray...with dark wood trim. Seats need to go lower than they do. I'm 5'8" and need to slouch at times to see under the mirror. Strange (plastic sounding) vibration in rear of vehicle when start. Remote start needs to be better integrated with SUV (seat/mirror settings when key in doesn't work with remote start). Glove compartment is put together cheaply.
Engine could be faster to accelerate.
V8 adds only 9 HP and a 53 lbs/ft torque compared to V6...should be more.
Can't play MP3's in stereo. No audio input jack.
Brake pedal is too far forward from the accelerator pedal.
Center console squeeks if you lean on it and no room for dual CD cases.
Warranty should be as good as the competition.
Not a fan of seat belt on the seat, perfer them to be attached to inside of SUV.

Summary:
I have test driven a few other 2006 SUV's. Envoy was best one. I opted for the 6 CD changer because I thought it could play MP3's...it can't. Wasn't going to pay $500 for the dealership to install a $150 input jack. I'll do it myself.
I'm only getting 13 MPG in the city. It went up to 14 when I jumped on the highway for about 12 miles. Not sure why it still gets such bad gas milage with the cylinder displacement.
Need to get cooled seats as an option.

Trailblazer SS, Envoy LT, Infinity's x-Over and a couple others.

espressoman

December 18, 2005

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Gene Smith - Elk Cit

2006 Envoy Denali

Strengths:
Smoother and quieter ride. More comfortable seats. With Stabilitrak it handles much better in cornering and avoiding road hazards. Compared to the XUV or XL (longer model) more stable. More options come standard. Bose sound system and XM radio plus 6 disk changer. Slightly better gas mileage with Displacement On Demand V8. Load leveling suspension and air compressor. Power Sunroof. Locking Differential which gives more traction. More power with the V8. Interior wood trim.

Weaknesses:
Less cargo space compared to the XUV or XL.

Summary:
I traded in my 2004 GMC Envoy XUV 4WD for a new 5 passenger 2006 GMC Envoy Denali 2WD. This review will mostly compare the two SUVs. The Denali is a new line for the Envoy in 2006. GMC has really improved the Envoy, especially with the Denali trim. With a few more improvements this could easily compete with any luxury SUV on the market. Even though this is considered a Mid-Size SUV, it is still quite large and would fit most peoples needs. Gas mileage is actually slightly better with the V8 than the 6 cylinder because of the Displacement On Demand which cuts off 4 of the 8 cylinders when cruising at highway speeds. Mileage on the Denali 2WD is rated at 16 city 22 highway. With the air compressor you can put air in your own tires. The Denali is a smooth ride with the Luxury Ride Bilstein Shocks and quieter with added sound proofing. Color keyed assist steps look nice and help getting in and out of the SUV. The only options I do not have are the GPS navigation and rear DVD entertainment. Neither of which I need. It also comes standard with 1 year of OnStar. You can also buy minutes and use the hands-free calling. Bottom line: I highly recommend the 06 Envoy Denali. Take is for a test drive and see for yourself.

GMC Envoy XUV