2010 GMC Terrain

More products from GMC >>
Terrain MSRP: $ 24250.00

The Terrain is a 4-door, 5-passenger sport-utility, available in 8 trims, ranging from the SLE1 FWD to the SLT2 AWD.

The SLE1 FWD is equipped with a standard 2.4-liter, I4, 182-horsepower engine that achieves 22-mpg in the city and 32-mpg on the highway. The SLT2 AWD is equipped with a standard 2.4-liter, I4, 182-horsepower engine that achieves 20-mpg in the city and 29-mpg on the highway. Available option is a 3.0L V6 with direct-injection, 264 hp and 222 lb-ft of torque. A 6-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard on all trims.

Expert Review: 2010 GMC Terrain
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars

"This crossover was made for traveling. Everything about the Terrain makes those long-haul drives more enjoyable for everyone involved."

Sorted by Model Year |  Sort by Latest Review >> |  Sort by Best Rating >> |  Sort by Worst Rating >> |
cousman

July 25, 2014

2011 GMC Terrain AWD

Strengths:
Comfort, cornering, motor

Weaknesses:
none

Summary:
Prior the GMC Terrain I had an Audi nad before that, a Mercedes...I prefer the Terrain especially in the snow (I live in Quebec). I have never had a vehicle as comfortable on long drives and when it is time to pass someone confidence is not an issue. I also really like the low end torque on the 2.4 liter engine (I have the 2013 model)

Audi, Mercedes, Jeep...I tested the Mercedes GLK 250 prior the Terrain

CW

February 12, 2010

Review 2 of 2 , from Texas

2010 Terrain SLT1 AWD

Strengths:
Three years ago I bought a Honda Civic because of the gas mileage and for three years I felt like I was driving a go-cart not to mention it was the most uncomfortable car I have ever owned. I have owned my Terrain for less than a week and I love it. Lots of room and very comfortable. I can't believe how smooth the ride is after feeling every bump from the Civic. This vehicle was very difficult to locate, they are selling off the lot as soon as they arrive. I will get back latter with the gas mileage but right now I am loving driving a vehicle that sits above the ground. If GM can keep this standard up then maybe there is hope for the American car industry.

Weaknesses:
None so far

Summary:
The Terrain is a great looking vehicle inside and out. If you can afford it I would recommend buying the SLT. I was looking for a SLE and they were impossible to find so my husband found one Terrain SLT left on a dealership lot at 7:00 pm and we were there by 8:00 am the next morning and this was the last Terrain on the lot. I was told by several dealerships that the Terrain is now only available by being ordered and reserved by the dealership from the factory because of the high demand. This vehicle has lots of bells and whistles for the price.