2011 Honda Element

More products from Honda >>
Element MSRP: $ 18980.00 - $ 23575.00

The 2011 Honda Element is a 4-door, 4-passenger sport-utility, available in 4 trims, ranging from the LX 2WD 5-Spd AT to the EX 4WD 5-Spd AT.

The LX 2WD 5-Spd AT is equipped with a standard 2.4-liter, I4, 166-horsepower engine that achieves 20-mpg in the city and 25-mpg on the highway. The EX 4WD 5-Spd AT is equipped with a standard 2.4-liter, I4, 166-horsepower engine that achieves 19-mpg in the city and 24-mpg on the highway.

Expert Review: 2010 Honda Element EX 4WD Review - Honda goes to the dogs with its Pet Friendly package
Expert Rating: 4 stars

"In the urban labyrinths of the modern world, the Honda Element was an entertaining drive. In city driving, the Element was pleasantly nimble, agile and spry for being such a boxy car."

Ranger Rick

November 20, 2010

Review 1 of 147 , from Bend, OR

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Bend, OR

2010 Element EX 2WD 5-Spd AT w/Nav

Strengths:
Utility is the Element's middle name. I can stuff my bike, surfboard, and dog inside for a full day of activities. Plus, I never have to worry about messing up the ruff & tuff interior. Plastic panels get the usual scuff marks, but everything else holds up after multiple camping, fishing, and snowboard trips to the mountains.

Weaknesses:
Never the first up the hill, but it gets there - eventually.

Summary:
The Element totally works with my outdoor lifestyle. The interior is very accommodating for whatever sports equipment I need for the day and Rusty (my trusty companion) always has dibs on riding shotgun. After 30k miles and regularly scheduled maintenance, the Element is a true work mule.

francois

September 16, 2010

2010 Element EX

Strengths:
utility
versatility
peppy
roomy
fun to drive

Weaknesses:
rpms too high on freeway driving
not fuel efficient
very old design

Summary:
This was a revolutionary car when it came out and it still makes a statement. It's pretty good but but it's getting pretty darn old. Redesign the cars a little more often Honda!

Retired in Bonney Lake

August 3, 2010

2010 Honda Element LX 2WD 5-Spd AT

Strengths:
We bought this vehicle three weeks ago and it is great. Very comfortable, our grandkids fit in the rear seats with booster seats, no problem, my 81 year old mom has no trouble getting in and out of either the front or rear seats. It gets good mileage for a combination of city/highway driving, so far about 21 mpg. I like the way the seats can be easily reconfigured. It is a Honda and as expected has a quality build and I anticipate a solid vehicle. We also have a 2009 Honda Pilot, very different vehicles, but this little Element is just a great fit for most of our driving. Very happy with it.

Weaknesses:
I wish I had bought the Blue Tooth option. In today's world Blue Tooth should really be a standard feature.

Summary:
Great car and it gets lots of looks and attention. Many people want to look at it and inside to see how it is laid out. We have had several neighbors and even strangers at stores ask about it. We also got the Omni Blue Pearl color which is unusual and attracts attention. We have owned a number of Hondas and have been happy with all of them and expect this vehicle will meet all our expectations.

Honda Pilot

Don

September 16, 2010

Price Paid:  $22000.00 from Dealer

2008 LX awd

Strengths:
Reliability, storage options, seating configuration, quality all around, steering.

Weaknesses:
Blind spots are bad in both front and side rear. Even when looking over your should you can still miss a car in your blind spot. I had to push my side mirrors fully out for this. After about 30,000 miles the seat fabric started to wear out. ground clearance is too low for a "beach" car. i'd like to be able to manually engage AWD. The sunroof at the back is useless. the factory roof is not adjustable and the rails are too close together. Honda should seal the entire floor and put a drain hole, then we could hose down the inside to clean it.

Summary:
I was looking for a honda civic with more storage room and awd. This is a great car. i listed many weaknesses, but none of them would are really that bad. i highly recommend this car.

honda crv, jeep cherokee, honda civic.

solomon

October 8, 2010

Price Paid:  $2200.00 from MD

2008 Honda Element

Strengths:
Very Nice Care, Nice looking, easy to clean, fun to drive . Very good for IT people or any service providers, you can care stuff like tools and other stuff. By folding up the back seats you can get big cargo area. Okay with gas mileage.

Weaknesses:
People like me who rush most of the time, it’s a big problem. One of my Problems is that the blind spot. When I do a left turn suddenly I see someone on the cross walk crossing. He/she has been block or hidden by the body frame, which is between left side of the windshield and the door (Where the front left small speaker is). Also it happens to me when I am in underground parking garage. I get blinded by the same body frame to see clearly the left side Columns. So while turning to turn to left; here is in front of me the building column shows up. If you are speeding, it’s very dangers because you might not have time to stop or change direction on time

Summary:
V6 will be awesome, more horse power, and convertibles will be great. The care has very big potential to be upgraded without losing the characteristic and look of it. I don’t know see any different between the past 4 years models.