2009 Hummer H2

More products from Hummer >>
H2 MSRP: $ 55555.00 - $ 59555.00

The 2008 H2 SUT is a 4-door, 5-passenger luxury pickup, available in 3 trims, ranging from the Base to the Luxury.

Upon introduction, both trims are equipped with a standard 6.2-liter, V8, 393-horsepower engine. A 6-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard.

The 2008 H2 SUT is a carryover from 2007.

Randy M

February 16, 2010

Price Paid:  $47000.00 from Independence Hummer-

2008 H2 SUT

Strengths:
Great Vehicle, reliable, trouble free, Great ride and drive. Gas mileage not great but never thought it would be. Better than my 2006. Love the new engine and 6spd trans.

Weaknesses:
Gas mileage

Summary:
The only thing I wish they could have done to this vehicle was to put a duramax Diesel under the hood..

bradshawstoys

December 7, 2009

Price Paid:  $30000.00 from North County GMC

2006 Hummer H2

Strengths:
Excellent 4x4 (climbs anything put in it's way). The interior is absolutely amazing. I drove and looked at many deseil trucks. My salesman made the mistake (I think he saw me comming) of letting me drive this 06 Hummer to his other lot to look at the pickups. Problem was, when we got there and began to walk toward the truck I was supposed to look at, I couldn't stop looking back at that damn Hummer that we just drove up in!

Weaknesses:
THE FREAKIN GAS GUAGE NEEDLE SEEMS TO MOVE AS YOU BRIEFLY LOOK AT WHILE DRIVING!!! It's probably all in my head.....NOT!

Summary:
If you're a "Baller" or using it as weekender vehicle then you can't go wrong!

Silverado, Jeep, Yukon, Ram

Denali Man

October 28, 2009

Price Paid:  $53000.00 from Pleasanton Hummer

2006 SUV

Strengths:
Looks, uniqueness, amenities, 4x4 features, size

Weaknesses:
Fuel consumption (I'm averaging 11.5 mpg), cabin noise, slow response, size (can't use drive up ATM).

Summary:
I had to have the Hummer H2. The truck was screaming my name and I couldn't resist. Three years removed and it still turns heads and I still enjoy it. The ride is incredibly smooth for its size and you would never imagine that a vehicle this size could handle as well as it does. I got the base model and still I got amenities such as: power everything, lumbar, heated front and rear seats, leather, tons of aux power outlets, dual climate auto control, rear a/c vents, park assist mirrors while reversing, compass, driver seat memory, an nice Bose audio system, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.

It also has excellent 4x4 features with a low and a high setting. I took it to the snow once and it handled superbly.

But alas, I'm tired of putting $80 in the tank every four days. I knew what I was stepping into as far as fuel efficiency, but three years ago my commute was nine miles each way. The saddest point in my three year ownership was when gas was up to around $4.50/gal and I put $110 in the tank. Ooooh that hurt.

Some other complaints are the wind noise, the ease at which the flat face windshield gets chipped, the cabin noise, and the slow response (I can't rely on this big boy to quickly pass up other cars), and my particular Hummer seems to rev high.

This is a great vehicle for whoever has the money and they are using it as a recreational vehicle. Not good for everyday commuting.

Yukon Denali
Yukon Denali XL
Lincoln Navigator (my favorite)
Cadillac Escalade
Ford Explorer

H2

October 28, 2009

Price Paid:  $53000.00 from Pleasanton Hummer

2006 H2

Strengths:
Smooth ride, uniqueness, amenities, 4x4 settings

Weaknesses:
Fuel efficiency, cabin noise, response (I am never satisfied with its get up and go when I hit the gas), large blind spots, difficulty of getting in and out, can't use drive up ATM.

Summary:
It is surprising smooth and comfortable. I have the base model and it offers more amenities than the a lot of top of the line vehicles. It definitely turns heads and I've gotten more inquiries and tongue lolls from this vehicle than any vehicle I've ever owned. At base level I got heated seats for front and rear, homelink, auto adjust mirrors for reversing, power everything, second row heater & a/c vents, tons of aux outlets, and a NICE Bose stereo system.

I took it to the snow one time and the low 4x4 worked great. As high up as the H2 sits it gives you a feel of being in a cockpit and you definitely feel safe.

But alas... I can't keep dropping $80 in the tank every four days. The worst point in my three year ownership was when the gas was up to around $4.50/gal and I put $110 in the tank... ooh that hurt. Furthermore, the wind noise is a nuisance, the road noise is bad, and my particular Hummer revs loud.

Buy an H2 if you can afford it and it is a weekend car. Don't use it as an everyday vehicle.

Yukon Denali
Yukon Denali XL
Lincoln Navigator (by far the best SUV I've ever driven)
Cadillac Escalade
Ford Explorer

drmugavero

September 23, 2006

Price Paid:  $32000.00 from Herb Chambers Hummer

2006 Hummer H3

Strengths:
Great SUV. Unique styling. Cool.

Weaknesses:
The gear shifter takes up too much room, which doesn't leave enough room for storage space for your wallet, cell phone, sun glasses etc...There are only 2 cup holders...not the end of the world. Also, the drivers side power window controls are set back a little too far, but again, you get used to it after a short time.

Summary:
The H3 is great! It is a sturdy, yet luxurious SUV that appears larger than it really is due to its boxy design. The nicest feature is that it really turns on a dime. The turning radius is unusually tight which makes parking lot driving very easy. The interior is very nice and the layout of the dash makes sense. The ride is firm and sturdy, but still comfortable. The gas mileage is decent as is the pick up. It's not a sports car, but certainly moves you around nicely. I LOVE it! It literally turns heads....everybody looks when you drive by. You can see out the rear window just fine...just takes a little getting used to. The rear tail gate is easy to open and takes just s little muscle to close...no problem at all.

none.