2011 Infiniti FX

More products from Infiniti >>
FX MSRP: $ 50000.00 - $ 50000.00

The 2011 Infiniti FX is a 4-door, 5-passenger luxury sport-utility, available in 3 trims, ranging from the 35 RWD to the 50 AWD.

The 35 RWD is equipped with a standard 3.5-liter, V6, 303-horsepower engine that achieves 16-mpg in the city and 23-mpg on the highway. The 50 AWD is equipped with a standard 5.0-liter, V8, 390-horsepower engine that achieves 14-mpg in the city and 20-mpg on the highway. A 7-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard on all trims.

The Infiniti FX35 was road tested by our panel of test drivers that included one woman. Read the article HERE.

Photos of the Infiniti FX35 posted in the photo gallery.

CarReview enthusiast

December 10, 2010

2010 FX35 AWD

Strengths:
This is my first Infiniti and I love it. I went from a 2008 Enclave and the difference is vast. This FX has more get up and go than you could imagine in a vehicle of this size. It corners well and rides great. The interior is designed very well and is very comfortable. The electronics work great including the nav system which is very intuitive and user friendly. The overhead camera and back-up views are fabulous. I am getting better mileage than it is rated for averaging 22 miles per gallon over the first 5000 miles with combined driving. When you want some power, this baby sounds great and moves out yet it is very comfortable and luxurious.

Weaknesses:
This is not a large SUV so there is not as much storage in back with the rear seats up, but has plenty when they are down. The biggest con is having people stare at me when on the road with my FX. I always wish for better mileage, but with over 300 horsepower and this much performance, I am happy with my 22 combined and 24 on the highway.

Summary:
This vehicle is worth the cost and is probably the best I have ever owned over 30 years of driving

Buick Enclave

Idalia Suarez

December 14, 2008

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Puerto Rico

2008 Fx35

Strengths:
Luxury interiors, power and great lines

Weaknesses:
Lacks security hooks necessary for securing front and rear facing car seats, cabin space small and narrow compared to a Forester or Honda Accord. Almost no trunk space.

Summary:
I can agree with other reviews posted in that "the FX35 has lots of power and overall performance is great. Ride is very comfortable and quiet as can be expected for a new car." But... not what I expected. In my case my husband bought this car to substitute our Honda Accord. Moms (and Dads too) beware this is not a family vehicle if your children are in a car seat age. I'm used to drive my 2004 Subaru Forester and after using my husbands car for 1 whole day I prefer the Forester or the Honda Accord we used to own 10-1. First this car lacks the security hooks for both rear and front facing car seats causing a rear facing car seat to turn on its side and due to a poor seat belt mechanism you cannot turn it up again because the seatbelt locks forcing you to park and dismount the car seat. Also other small details like the lights don't turn off when you shut down the car etc where a bummer when I'm used to have that in my Forester and the door on the visor mirror has broken twice in the fist two months needing replacement.
But the most important thing is that the security concerns of children not being safe in a car seat in this vehicle has made us doubt of our choice.

Subaru Forester

KT Turner

December 23, 2006

2006 Infiniti FX45

Strengths:
Style, power, technology. Very unique. Previous year models have excellent reliability record. Well built infrastructure. Very safe vehicle.

Weaknesses:
Hmmm...tough one. I guess the downsides would be gas mileage - I avg. 17mpg in mixed driving. Also, not as much utility/storage as some people might need.

Summary:
I did a lot of research before buying so I knew what to expect. I like the sporty feel, power & acceleration, and all the tech toys. The interior is well appointed and of good quality materials. To me, the FX is really unique in its combination of style, performance and luxury. I had a hard time finding other SUVs to compare. The Lexus had a softer ride, but not sporty enough for me and way too common. I think the Lexus targets a little older crowd and soccer moms. The FX is more of driving enthusiasts's SUV. I didn't like the style of the Acura -- it was too understated and boring for my taste. In the end, based on what I was looking for the FX was really in a class by itself.

See above.

Danny Boy

December 21, 2006

Price Paid:  $55000.00 from Yorkville Infiniti

2006 FX35 AWD

Strengths:
· Prestigious look and feel
· Power and performance
· Fair gas mileage

Weaknesses:
· Trunk space is marginal (barely enough for my golf or hunting equipment)
· Very little storage space inside
· Expensive snow tires and rims

Summary:
This is my third Nissan product. I owned a 2001 Maxima and 2003 Pathfinder. The FX is four months old and runs without any problem at all. It is a dream car for me and I am a proud owner.

The dealer gave me pretty good deal on the trade-in so I am happy for the good value I got.

I compared the Lexus RX350 and Acura MDX before deciding on the FX. I ruled out Mercedes M class because of poor review. All these SUVs are within the same price range.

The FX35 has lots of power and overall performance is great. Ride is very comfortable and quiet as can be expected for a new car.

The FX came loaded with many features. The only available option is the Tech package costing $6,600. I purchased a Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS and it works well in the FX.

Gas mileage: I am happy with 11.5 l/100km or 20.6 mpg combined highway and city for the last 5,000 Km.

Only time will tell how well the FX ages.

Pathfinder.
Also test drove Lexus RX350, Nissan Murano and Acura MDX

andreit

December 19, 2008

2005 FX35 Infiniti

Strengths:
The All Wheel Drive system is a must have if you live in a snowy region. It's performance-oriented since it's slightly rear-biased. I wouldn't recommend this vehicle to just about everyone because of the way it handles at the limit. It gets fun to drive as soon as you learn the basics. In the looks department, it still gets heads turning even after 4 years. Or it could be the provocative exhaust system which commands respect.

Weaknesses:
The transmission has only 5 gears which has a noticeable impact on fuel economy. It's rather hefty for the engine it as (in 3.5L form).

Summary:
The car is a joy to drive. The tail likes to hang out with the electronic nannies turned off. The exhaust note is really a pleasure to hear, especially in tunnels. In winter, you can really appreciate the All Wheel Drive system, since you won't have any problems climbing up a steep snowy hill, even from a standstill.

One thing I don't like is the transmission. For starters, it's only a five speed, which makes for not so interesting fuel economy. The newer models use a 7-speed automatic, which is a significant improvement in driving dynamics as well.

The design still is beautiful (or at least interesting) compared to other cars on the road, even a good 4 years after it was made. Can't say the same for the vast majority of cars out there.