Isuzu Rodeo

More products from Isuzu >>
Rodeo MSRP: $ 18180.00

The Rodeo comes with 2 engine options; the smaller 2.2-liter DOHC 16-valve 4-in-line with a modest 130 hp or the 3.2-liter DOHC 24-valve V-6 with 205 hp with choice of a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic. Also choose between 2 and 4 wheel drive.

Grant Reedy

March 16, 2014

Price Paid:  $7500.00 from Private

2004 2004 4x4 Isuzu Rodeo

Strengths:
Just cant kill it. Through sand, mud, rough roads, just keeps going. Isuzu must love Australians. Tough Trucks for tough people and our country roads. In the city the rodeo looks stylish with a hint of mean machine.

Weaknesses:
Absolutely none at all. Maybe a bit more front end strength for smacking into kangaroos if it happens, but a good bull bar sots that out most times.

Summary:
If your a wimpy type person this truck is not for you!!!. IF your a winger about a fly on your face and say to yourself, "leave me alone fly don't touch me", then this truck is not for you!!!
This is a mean but classy truck. Goes anywhere any time as smooth as you like but tough when you want it or need it to be.
In Australia we need great reliable trucks and utes. When I need to take the family out fishing and camping or just pick up the groceries we can do it comfort and style.

Mitsubishi Triton 4x4 2005, Mazda BT50 2008
Rodeo 4D 1996 2WD, Rodeo 4D 1999 2WD, Rodeo 4WD 4x4 2004.

far

May 11, 2007

Price Paid:  $25000.00 from friend

2004 LSE

Strengths:
Great engine smooth ride with a smart suspension system. reliable off road.

Weaknesses:
Fule consumption

Summary:
A perfect car I recommend it for SUV lovers

Joanne

July 2, 2006

Price Paid:  $22000.00 from Cerami Pontiac, NJ

2004 Isuzu Rodeo

Strengths:
NONE

Weaknesses:
Handles terribly
Loud wind noise
Absolutely no pick-up
Very rough/bumpy ride

Summary:
This is by far the WORST car I have ever driven. After having the car for about 3 months, I completely regretted it buying it! The car has absolutely no pick-up, handles horribly, and is so uncomfortable. You feel every single bump, its definitely a truck-y ride! Seems like there is something wrong with the transmission. I've brought it in several times to be checked out and one time they did something with the spark plugs - ran ok for about a week and then started all over again. They never found anything else after that - but I'm telling you, if they drove the car for a day, they'd see there is something wrong with it.

brglotus

July 14, 2005

Price Paid:  $29000.00 from HeRTRICH's in Dover,

2004 Rodeo

Strengths:
Good looking when it's not in the shop.

Weaknesses:
The whole truck

Summary:
I bought the top of the line Rodeo that was available. After one month my car started having a vibration in the engine compartment. I brought it in to be serviced 3 times and the problem never went away which sucks because the only ISUZU dealership is over an hour away from me. I was told no rentals because japanese cars don't brake down. 2 Months later my car just dies on me while doing 65mph and I almost crash into the back of some cars. It dies on the road and has to be pushed off the highway. I get it towed to Murphy ISUZU in PA, they said my engine needs to be replaced and would take weeks to come in. After talking with ISUZU and yelling at them they fianlly gave me a 2 day rental car, despite my car being in the shop now for 2 weeks. They get the new engine in and it comes in broken. The car has been in the shop for month and ISUZU customer service is pointless and will try to get out of paying for anything. After owning this suv for 4 months now it's been in the shop every month and sat for a whole month to get a new engine. The day after i got my Rodeo back, it started raining and started to hesitate (wouldn't get out of first and almost broke down). I told they guy at the shop their's still something wrong with it he responded "Don't get the truck wet". I can't believe how much crap i've had to put up with over this vehicle. My vehicle thankfully meets my state's Lemon Law and i'm going through the Better Business Bureau. ISUZU IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER. Both service place's sucked, they don't support their product's, they try to get out of every warranty issue, and parts take forever to get in. I will never buy another ISUZU again and strongly suggest no one else should. Even if i did get a lemon, their service sucks and parts are expensive and impossible to get.

98 Honda Passport 98 Ford Explorer 89 Chevy Blazer

trabishop

December 6, 2004

Price Paid:  $21000.00 from Maroone Isuzu

2004 Rodeo

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
Everything

Summary:
It is out of much frustration, anger, and disappointment I write this letter. Let me first start by saying that buying a vehicle from Maroone Isuzu is the worst thing that anyone could ever do. I will make sure that people know that, even if I have to write letters, post on internet and even protest if I have to. On the evening of Dec 3, 2004 at approx 4:45pm I received a returned call from Mr. Anthony MacPherson the Internet Sales Manager who sold me my 2004 Isuzu Rodeo. I called him because I received a letter from Interstate Towing. The letter stated that they have a vehicle in there possession that was picked up on Nov 17, 2004 a 2004 Toyota Corolla vehicle owner Mr. Travis E Jones and that there is a fee of $ 429.00 due. The problem with that is, I traded in this vehicle to Maroone 2 months ago. They should have made sure the vehicle was removed out of my name. This is a very serious matter. When they sold this vehicle anything could have happen and I could have been involuntarily at fault. Mr. MacPherson stated to me that they sold the vehicle and it should have been taken out of my name. So I then asked him if he would contact the people who purchased the vehicle. He took no regard for what I was saying to him as if it didn’t matter. He was even ordering chocolate cookies while I was speaking to him. I was so offended. He didn’t address my concerns after he finished. He then said to me, well just fax me the letter. I told Anthony that I was not near a fax and that I didn’t plan on going to one. He then says to me well what do you want me to do, just mail it then. I then said to him, Anthony thank you and I hung up the phone. Mr. MacPherson called me back yelling did you hang up on me I said yes he yelled I don’t appreciate you hanging up the phone on me I am trying to help you. He then said you must be out of your damn mind your barking up the wrong tree. I said to Him that he was not helping me I asked him earlier could he contact the people who purchased the vehicle. It is not my responsibility after I trade in a car TO MAKE SURE the purchasers of my trade remove my name off the vehicle. After being so upset and offended I told Anthony that I would take care of it myself. I guess this is the way Maroone does business. I can assure you this will not be the last you hear from me. I am insulted and I feel like my business was not appreciated. As a result, the world will know. In addition to all of this my Isuzu drives as if it is 30 years old I am totally unhappy with this company and this vehicle.