2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

More products from Jeep >>
Grand Cherokee MSRP: $ 30215.00

Pros:
  • Powerful V6 and V8 engines
  • Refined, quality interior
  • Off-road capabilities
  • Strong tow rating/li>
Cons:
  • Available cargo space is small for its class
  • Expensive for a midsize SUV
Ruling: With a redesign for 2011, the Jeep Grand Cherokee bridges the gap between luxury SUV and rugged four-wheeler. The all-new Grand Cherokee offers even better off-road capabilities, a more refined interior and a more comfortable on-road ride.

The 2011 Grand Cherokee is a completely new vehicle – it has a new suspension, refined sheetmetal, new interior materials, a new engine option and two new off-road systems.

CarReview's opinion of the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Hits:
  • Smooth power delivery from 290 hp Pentastar 3.6L V6 engine
  • Quadra-Trac all-wheel drive system will never leave you stuck in the mud or snow
  • Leather-lined seats provide the support and comfort for all-day driving trips
  • Interior quality and design on par with some luxury-class vehicles
  • 2nd row passengers also get heated seats
Misses:
  • iPod interface and controls have poor ergonomics
  • Owners need to pony-up for the Trail Rated Quadra-Drive II system if they plan to do any rock-crawling

Verdict: The new Grand Cherokee blends an exceptionally refined and solid chassis with a plush interior. It provides nearly full-size SUV roominess, towing capacity and, of course, it maintains the Jeep trail capability. The base Laredo will start at $32,995, the Limited will go for $39,994, and the Overland for $42,995.

For luxury, solid build, all weather and terrain conquering skills, I would have to say that the 2011 Grand Cherokee is one of the best sport utility vehicles I have ever driven. If this is where Fiat wants to take Chrysler, cue up the band.

Read the full review >>

S Dipaolo

February 19, 2014

Price Paid:  $32000.00 from White Plains Chrysle

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Strengths:
Powerful Engine
Fast off the line
Great looking SUV
Drives great in heavy snow conditions
Good gas mileage for a Mid sized SUV. I get about 22MPG highway in the Catskill Mountain rage and about 18 city and I live in a hilly area. On on a long stretch of highway that is completely flat I can get around 25 to 28MPG depending on how strong the wind is.
After a couple of years of owning all of my vehicles I always get bored of the style. Not with this model. I still looks great to me.

Weaknesses:
The OEM tires they put on it (Good Year Futura)are just crap! I have 25k miles on the Jeep and the tires already need to be replaced. When they were new they were fine and were great in the snow. They are bad in the snow now and I live in NY where it snows a lot. Good Year makes good tires but those are junk.. I have purchased many tires in the past for my other SUV's and have always got a good 40k miles on them and I rotate every 6k miles.

Summary:
The only issue I have had with the Jeep is at 10k miles, the water pump was making a sloshing noise when I accelerated. I took it to the dealership and they simply replaced it. (Water pump was defective) Other than that I have not had an issue so far.