Jeep Liberty (2010 and older)

More products from Jeep >>
Liberty (2010 and older) MSRP: $ 23250.00

The Jeep Liberty is a 4-door, 5-passenger sport-utility, available in 5 trims, ranging from the Sport 4X2 the Limited 4X4.

The Sport 4X2 is equipped with a standard 3.7-liter, V6, 210-horsepower engine that achieves 16-mpg in the city and 22-mpg on the highway. The Limited 4X4 is equipped with a standard 3.7-liter, V6, 210-horsepower engine that achieves 15-mpg in the city and 21-mpg on the highway.

Expert Review: 2008 Jeep Patriot -Rugged good looks with a car-like attitude
Expert Rating: 3.5 stars

"If you’re a young, active person with a lot of sports equipment to throw in the back of the car, this may be a good match for you.."

John Kaylor

November 15, 2009

Price Paid:  $16000.00 from Moore Jeep

2009 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X2

Strengths:
Nice ride. Nice fit and finish. Lots of headroom. Easy access to trunk. Lots of rear legroom. Comfortable seats. Just enough power.

Weaknesses:
Bad blindspot to right through rearview mirror. No telescope on steering. Painted fender flares easily knicked/scratched. Limited accessories. City mpg so-so.

Summary:
Traded in a 1993 Cherokee for Liberty. Amazing difference; all good. What a pleasure to drive and ride in. Chose greystone color; it doesn't show dust!
A "real" SUV, but not a battleship.

Mark Mazurski

November 12, 2009

Price Paid:  $27752.00 from Haley's White Rock,

2008 Liberty North Edition

Strengths:
gas mileage, comfort, solid, wet road holding ability at high speed-mountain corners

Weaknesses:
have not encountered any yet.

Summary:
Gas mileage 9.0 to 9.7 kn/litre hwy and mixed. Much better than my 2008 escape AWD. Jeep holds the road very well-wet conditions-mountain hwy. Runs very smooth and feels very solid. I normally drive 80,000 km/year and this is the first vehicle I get out of after a long drive and my legs don't stiffen up. Lots of get up for passing and I'm looking forward to pulling a trailer. So far-no complaints.

2006 Ford escape 4WD, 2008 Ford Escape AWD, 2004 Dodge Durango 4WD.

Richard Ramsey

November 30, 2009

Price Paid:  $17995.00 from Firkins Chrysler

2008 Liberty

Strengths:
17-21MPG,comfortable, ease of handling/stopping, strong off road in 2WD,comfortable on long trips. This is a 6 speed stick, cruises mountains easily and highways as well as off road

Weaknesses:
headlights appear weak..added light bar, will change factory tires for more off road traction. "blind" spots in rear view mirrors.Added small concave mirrors to original mirrors

Summary:
In review, I got what I was looking for at a price I felt acceptable. It's roadworthy on or off road for what I need...economy is about what I might expect for this vehicle. It's my 4th Jeep, so I like them for what they are, and what they give me. Security on the highway and off, strength and dependability with a minimum of fuss, and still look good doing all of it. Fit and finish is good, I don't mind plastic instead of leather trim. When I bought this one I walked into the dealership with the intention of buying a "basic" Jeep that would last as long as my other 3, all passing the 200,000 mile mark. I expect some worn out parts over the years, but this vehicle appears as well made and up to par as the others. Is it pretty? Not exactly! But I am comfortable with the ownership. It is what it is, a utility vehicle that accomplishes what it needs to do. And I think that is part of the Jeep 'mystique'. The owners match themselves to the vehicle carefully or find they are sadly mismatched. My Liberty is neither a racy Jaguar or a Ford 350 diesel truck. It would look out of place at the opera house; but so do I. LOL! But at the beach, or the boatyard or the campground or the worksite it's convenient, sturdy and happy to be there.

3 Jeeps,(1954,'78,'87), 1973 Chev K5 Blazer. 1978 Ford F150 pickup

cmg910

December 29, 2008

Price Paid:  $18000.00 from Fitzpatrick's Chrysl

2008 Jeep Liberty

Strengths:
Absolutly none.

Weaknesses:
Rough and noisy drive. Little to no heat distribution to driver side floor and too much heat on face from defrost vents while dial is set to "floor".

Summary:
Purchased 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport one month ago. Test drove it in warm weather, no use for heat at that time. Drove it on the first cold day and witnessed no heat going on the driver side floor, when dial was set to the floor. A large amount of heat coming from the front windshield defrost area. Brought it to two dealer ships and both stated this is the design. My feet/legs are cold and my face is burning up. The passenger side has good floor circulation, but still too much heat from defrost vents causing too much heat on the face. My passengers also complained. Two seperate mechanics also took this vehicle for a drive and witnessed the same problem, without me telling them the problem. I want to return the vehicle and get my 2007 Grand Cherokee back but dealer won't take vehicle back. I am going through Chrysler and they are investigating the matter. My wife has a 2007 Jeep Liberty and it is great. It does not have this problem. I am a person who likes the heat on the floor when I put the dial on "floor" and I like my feet/legs to be warm. Heat rises not falls. If you don't mind cold feet/legs, a hot face/stuffy nose and pass out while you are driving, this is the vehicle for you. This is a design problem. The duct for the driver side floor is too high in the dash and does not deliver enough force to reach the floor area. So by the time the air reaches the floor it cools. Even if the duct was positioned differently and enough heat was being distibuted to the floor on the driver side there is still too much heat comming from the defrost vents on top as you drive.

DEBLIBLA2000

March 19, 2008

Price Paid:  $24000.00 from Shively Motors

2008 Liberty

Weaknesses:
Safety reliability

Summary:
I had a head on collosion with a stop sign, school bus waiting trailer, and a brick/log house - neither of the air bags went off. It caused me to have a cracked rib and severe brusing/contusions. A NEW 2008 Jeep just purchased within 2 months - nevered wrecked before and the airbags didn't deploy! Why?????