Jeep Wrangler (2010 and older)

More products from Jeep >>
Wrangler (2010 and older) MSRP: $ 22045.00

The Jeep Wrangler is a 2-door, 4-passenger sport-utility, available in 3 trims, ranging from the Sport to the Rubicon.

All trims are equipped with a standard 3.8-liter, V6, 202-horsepower engine that achieves 15-mpg in the city and 19-mpg on the highway.

Expert Review: Cruise Moab 2008 - The Premier Land Cruiser Event

"Since 1981, The Rising Sun 4 Wheel Drive Club of Colorado has celebrated the legend of the Toyota 4x4, and every April they kick off their season of wheeling with Cruise Moab; a three day event in Moab, Utah."

HeeHooHaw

August 27, 2009

Price Paid:  $18000.00 from dealer

2009 Wrangler

Strengths:
Chrylser is done with me.

Weaknesses:
poor warranty.

Summary:
DON'T BUY = THEY WON'T STAND BEHIND THE WARRANTY.

Fouth Wrangler for me. So I am familiar with the feel/handling of the wrangler. I think it has actually improved since my first one in late 80's.

I have 6,000 miles on it and the rear differential has been shot. Dealer said it's because I took it off road I live in a city and rarely go to the country, and if I do, i stay on paved roads - I don't go off roading i'm 57 years old!! They refused to cover the differential problems ($2000) under the warranty. After speaking with the office of the VP of Sales, they too said they wouldn't pay.

Revenge is mine though, as a fleet manager for a large firm that leases 200-225 cars, I was instrumental in removing Chrysler from the list of available cars for staff. They can choose from GM, FORD, HONDA & TOYOTA. I simply deleted all Chrysler cars, minivans & SUV's. When staff ask about Chrysler, I simply say 'we' have had problems with their warranty coverage, and would not recommend them. Personally I know 3 people who have not purchased Chysler because of my experience with the warranty dept.

Chrysler should have just paid for the repairs, they know I couldn't have shot the differential by going off roading - the original tires are on the vehicle so if i went off roading there would be damage evidence.

Again, chrysler should have paid for the warranty work, the lost business from my firm, approximately 70-75 renewals since this happened, all went to non-chrysler manufacturers. They lost those sales!

Jeep Compass, Jeep Liberty

Amy

April 30, 2009

Price Paid:  $33000.00 from Lithia of Concord

2008 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4x4

Strengths:
Has the best of both worlds, it's a convertible and 4 wheel drive. Not too many other cars can do that! I love how the hard top comes off in pieces, my kids can be protected from the sun in the back seat and I can be "free" in the front.

Weaknesses:
Not the greatest power off the line, don't worry about peeling out. No speeding tickets for sure.

Summary:
I traded in a 2007 BMW convertible and a 2003 GMC Denali on my Wrangler 4dr/hardtop. I wasn't happy about trading in my Beemer, but couldn't handle the huge payments and bad luck with expensive run flat tires. I have had my Jeep 6 months now, and I have never loved a car more! I drive nearly 3 thousand miles a month, and I always look forward to getting into it in the morning. The car handles great, even in the snow.

There are a couple of draw backs to the car. I have two young children, one still in a car seat. Ater I had already purchased the car, I read the warning sticker on my visor and it states the doors are only for protection of the elements and may not keep passengers in the vehicle if rolled over or in a crash. SCARY! I might as well drive with them off. The other draw back is the lack of excelloration power when entering the freeway, sometimes I feel I could run faster. Once on the freeway it does fine.

The gas mileage is better than the EPA sticker rating, I have gotten up to 21 miles per gallon. I know the more miles on the car the better milage you get as well.

I'm planning on keeping this car for awhile, I definately suggest you get the Yes protection for the cloth seats, especially if you have kids.

The cargo space is great and it's easy to park in tight spots, vs a giant SUV.

If you can get over not having the best excelloration and the worthless doors it's a great car.

I had a CJ7 many years ago. I always said I'd have a Jeep when I had kids, and too bad it wasn't a 4door, well now it is. Wholla, I have one.

bear

May 11, 2008

Price Paid:  $29000.00 from Crowne Jeep, Tulsa

2008 4 dr Wrangler, hard top, Sahara,auto

Strengths:
Visibility. handling. surprisingly good economy.

Weaknesses:
Low end torque, but so? (That is in high-2wd)

Summary:
I had a Toyota FJ, 07 model. very poor visibility. I bought the Jeep because my wife has had 8 previously! What a pleasant surprise! better ride than the Cruiser, more maneuverable, great viz, and surprisingly good economy. With smart driving, I get 20-22 highway mpg, and about 17-18 city! Great sound system, great leg room (I am 6'2"), good luggage space. Less peppy than the FJ, but all in all, a better ride. Time will tell re the reliability, but I am really enjoying the big Wrangler. I personally recommend the Sahara package, and I did get the automatic.

fj cruiser

edgar Mac

October 3, 2007

Price Paid:  $28000.00 from Driveway dodge

2007 jeep wrangler unlimited

Strengths:
Off roading and comfortness

Weaknesses:
V-6 and Mileage

Summary:
Its a very good productt very durable and strong off roading abilities as expected. Through the first 4-5 months i was getting awesome mileage on it about 16-5-17 mpg but after that i noticed its gone down to 15mpg city. The V-6 is good but considering it is a 4 door "SUV" a V-8 would be lovely. Off roading capabilities outstanding!!! I have taken it out to Santa Teresa, NM and red sands in EL Paso Tx, and it performs excellent.

Jeep 2001 4x4 / performs the same unsure of the mileage comparison

craig martin

August 30, 2007

Price Paid:  $35000.00 from jeep chrysler at st

2007 wrangler 4 door black hard/soft top

Strengths:
the looks, the feel on the road, the sturdyness, the safety,

Weaknesses:
the bonnet lack of locks. the length of the "nose" of the veh, the slight shudder on take off in first gear, you may as i have stalled it a couple of times getting used to it, after 48 hrs i am just getting the hang of it now. with the tech these days a digital speed display would have topped the instruments off well.

Summary:
i took the 2006 4 a test drive and thought OK, then took the 2007 4 a drive and loved it. After ordering it and getting the finance for it i have had it 4 about 48 hrs now and have driven about 200km. it is a good looking vehicle with heaps of people glancing at it on the road. In Aust there are not to many on the road as yet but delivery is slow so dont expect to see to many for at least 6 months.
i will give my thoughts from each prospectus of the veh.
INSIDE; It feels very sturdy and everything is at arms reach, the seats are hard when driving but you feel very safe in it. initialy i was worried about the vision you get from inside the veh as the little rear view mirror was not what i was used to, however after a day it did not seem to be of such great importance. the rear seat head rest impedes the view to the rear quite abit so after removing it i found it a lot better. The bells and whistles when you put your keys in is very annoying, you have to be in your seat with your seat belt on with the doors closed before you even place the key in, these noises are going to bother me, i know it safety but come on this to me seems a little of an overkill, i have no choice but to get used to it, i am going to see about getting some slight modification on removing some, try it for yourself. The lights turn on when you activate the open door switch on the entry key, this could be something that i have set up with the light switch on the indicator arm, i have however suffered the male sydrome with not reading the instructions first, i have just turned things and pressed things to see what they do, i will be interested in others comments. I have also placed hand grips on the roll cage in both the drivers and passenger side front and these are great application but a little tacky in appearance, very practicable though. i have not tried to take the whole roof off the vehicle but i have removed the two front panels and found it to be very easy, however once you take them off you get a very true representation of just how big they are, in a windy day you could find yourself picking it up off the ground once you remove it from the roof.
OUTSIDE: it looks fantastic, especially when you have the maxium allowed tinting on all the windows, the rugged appearance has been commented on already numerous times as that resembling a Hummer, in fact i call mine the mini Hummer as in Mini Me, The rear door iopens from the left to the right, which would be great in USA, but in Aust with the cant of the road it will be a little bother when trying to keep the rear door open when pulled over the side of the road. The bonnet latches are aall good except if you where to park it somewhere and someone needed a battery for instance it would take them no time to remove yours from your vehicle, and someone could easily set your veh up for problems by dropping something in the engine or something, i havent reaserched as yet about bonnet locks but it is high on my agenda.