2011 Land Rover Range Rover

More products from Land Rover >>
Range Rover MSRP: $ 57235.00 - $ 70535.00

The Land Rover Range Rover is the brand's most prestigious offering, a luxury sport utility vehicle with a long history of quality craftsmanship and legendary "go anywhere" off-road prowess.

The five-passenger Range Rover is available in two trim levels: HSE and Supercharged. The HSE is powered by a 305-hp 4.4-liter V8 engine, while the Supercharged trim boasts a 400-hp 4.2-liter supercharged V8. Both powerplants are mated to a six-speed automatic transmission with CommandShift manual shift mode.

New 2011 Range Rover

David Selman

October 14, 2010

Price Paid:  $65000.00 from Land rover solon

2010 Range Rover Sport LUX

Strengths:
Looks

Weaknesses:
I picked up my new sport yesterday. It replaced a 2006 sport I liked very much. My blackberry won't integrate with the car even though i had that functionality with my 2006 model. Further, the iPod hook-up is useless as rover doesn't provide a cable with purchase, you can't get a cable online or at an apple store. The cable can be ordered for $100 from rover but they are backordered & can provide no delivery date. Do not buy this car!

Summary:
Do not buy this vehicle!

robbylove

November 15, 2009

Price Paid:  $1020000.00 from ft meyers juaguar de

2009 supercharged range rover

Summary:
My husband bought me the white 2009 supercharged range rover for our anniversary.. gorgeous vehicle however that looks faded fast when i experienced my first of many service problems .engine light turned on and continued to do so even after service, brakes squeeked constantly and there was always a software upgrade that had to be done. My truck was serviced once every month( we later added it all up) for almost two years.Service was horrible , they would keep the truck for two or three days. We had to replace the brakes after 18k miles.. what a joke $540.00 later I can't tell you what a headache it wasand what a relief it was to get rid of it . I now have a Denali and love it!!!!!

DaTB

May 11, 2009

Price Paid:  $40000.00 from eleasereturns

2005 Range Rover HSE

Strengths:
Best duality of beauty and masculinity on the market; Seat comfort that trumps our 745i; Amazingly torquey engine that pins you to the ridiculously comfortable seats; superior ergonomics that blend artistry with function; driving position that makes you feel as if you're on an Urban Safari; huge, powerful vents are a welcome feature on warm summer days.

Weaknesses:
No individual CD player; no automatic lift-gate at this price, the steering wheel heater functions towards lukewarm at best, the A/C is way too aggressive and difficult to coax into a perfect temperature; the sport mode is merely a suggestion

Summary:
We traded in our 2001 Range Rover for a slightly upgraded model as we found that certified pre-owned is THEE way to go: you can view the vehicle's service history to see if it's a lemon beforehand, & in our case, we got roughly $35k off the original sticker price. Sure, you need to eventually add on a supplemental warranty, but that's a small price to pay for a truck with some documented proof of reliability. Upon entering the truck, I was immediately impressed by the comfort of the seats. They are HUGE seats, both front & back. They don 't necessarily cradle you so much as they make you feel more like you're lounging on your favorite sofa or chaise. The height of the driving position was captivating because you feel so in control of not only the vehicle, but all those around you as well - a master of all you survey, if you will. The integration of the center console with the dash and the rest of the vehicle is pure artistry. The pushbuttons surrounding the center touchscreen no longer have the confusing hieroglyphs of its forefathers but instead use icons that the rest of the world can universally relate to: telephone, musical notes, etc. And once you utilize one of the pushbuttons, the options on the center touchscreen become immediately accessible. You can use the touchscreen to dial phone numbers, dial in radio stations, punch in destinations for the navigation system, & so on. This car's electronics are so incredibly easy to operate yet it still retains an air of sophistication that Lexus and Acura will never be able to duplicate with same level of refinement. Then there's the case of the engine and transmission. I do believe that my '01 Range Rover had a BMW engine and tranny, but I'm not quite sure - however, this vehicle makes the old truck look like a fat grandma trying to sprint the 100 meter with a peg leg. This new vehicle is torquey to put it mildly. It lurches forward with a mission to mash you into your seatback. It is hot off the line! As the rpms start to slide up the tachometer though, this portly machine starts to lose it's competitive edge because it's geared for boulder climbing and mud pit wallowing. The high-end horsepower can't keep it in the running with the likes of our X5 & it just starts to make lost of noise and rev really high & the speed and power output becomes a bit anemic. Well, just to be fair, it does a very good job of keeping this very heavy monster running with some degree of presence. If fact, I frequently find myself cruising at 90mph with 5-Series & Boxters & Mustangs neck and neck. What is truly awe-inspiring is the torque. It is nothing short of gut-wrenching and it never ceases to put a huge smile on my face. The fuel consumption is deplorable, but I didn't expect this truck to win points with the Sierra Club; However, I typically turn in a decent number of about 15-18mpg with combo city/highway. Chances are though, if you can afford to buy a vehicle like this, then the gas it takes to get from point A to point B is a negligible concern to you anyway. And then there's the cargo hold. The back seat can comfortably seat all of my 6-foot friends shoulder to shoulder without a single gripe - which is a huge deal because my friends LOVE to complain! The back seats fold up against the front ones to accommodate ENORMOUS amounts of groceries or anything your trips to Home Depot might entail. I must gripe about a few things though: First off, no automatic lift gate? I mean. come on! All this money (initially spent) and all the key fob does is unlock the friggin door?! Not cool when you have your hands full of groceries or when your holding two cans of paint in each hand & you simply cannot reach over to push the unlock button above where the licence plate is located and thus scratching up your beautiful paint job (no, this didn't happen to me personally or anything >:I ) Also, the steering wheel heater never really heats up properly. It can get to lukewarm status after about 3 to 4 minutes, but that's about it. My 7 series went from frigid to blistering in like 2.2 seconds... Just the way I like it! And the A/C control is possessed by some malicious ice demon that wants to make peep-pops out of the passengers. You can set the temperature for 68 and the powerful blowers with howl until you are frozen and wind-chapped. Try changing the temp to 75 and the same thing happens. Fortunately, my partner and I like things a bit on the Antarctic side. I think this could be a serious issue for many thinner soccer-mom types who may procure themselves one of these vehicles. With that said, this is a beautiful, powerful truck with every amenity you can think of. It is pleasing to gaze upon both inside and out, & I guarantee that you will have a perpetual smile on your face from the moment you get into it, until the moment your journey is over. You may, in fact, just come up with errands to run simply to have an excuse to let this bewitching giant shuttle you from one place to another

2001 Range Rover, 2001 Land Rover Discovery, 2007 BMW X5

JASON SIEGMAN

December 17, 2009

Price Paid:  $70000.00 from LAND ROVER AKRON

2005 RANGE ROVER

Strengths:
LOOKS.

Weaknesses:
EVERYTHING ELSE BESIDES LOOKS.

Summary:
THIS IS THE MOST DEPRCIATED AND OVERRATED SUVV EVER BUILT. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE AND PURCHASE ONE. THIS UNRELIABLE PIECE OF JUNK HAS BEEN IN AND OUT OF THE SHOP SINCE PURCHASE. EVERY MAINTANCE SERVICE RUNS THOUSANDS. IF YOU THINK OF BUYING LOOK AT THE DEPRECIATION, EASILY $10k PER YEAR FOR THE FIRST 5 YEARS. LOOKED AT TRADING MINE IN AND WAS OFFERED $50k LESS THAN PURCHASE PRICE. WARNING: DO NOT BUY, YOU'LL REGRET IT.

LEXUS

Mpanico

May 19, 2009

Price Paid:  $86500.00 from BMC British Motors C

2004 Range Rover HSE Luxury

Strengths:
Comfort & Drive

Weaknesses:
Mechanical
Electrical
Drive Lines & Transission

Summary:
Bought Brand New in November 2004. The car has been in the shop for its entire life. Generally the same issues over and over with limited to no long term fix. We love the car, but the service and suppport from Land Rover is minimal at best. If you are having issues with your radiator, it leads to serious damage in the near future. the transmission goes by 50K miles without warning. The radiator will leak and over heat without registering on the dash as an issue. Thus, the car will over heat internally and cause the transmission to fail. We have serviced our 04 at the dealership at every point and thereafter the warranty had expired. The transmission failed when my wife was returning home 9 months pregnant on the San Mateo bridge 9:30 at night. Absolutely no warning, car has been meticulously maintained at the same dealership BMC. She was stranded and now Land Rover NA is stating they have zero comment. We have complained several times about transmission issues as well as the radiator has been replaced twice. Now we see the issues are derived from the over heating and LRNA is not taking any responsibility since the warranty has expired. So much for customer loyalty.

1998 Range Rover