2010 Mazda Tribute

More products from Mazda >>
Tribute MSRP: $ 18900.00 - $ 26270.00

The Tribute is a 4-door, 5-passenger sport-utility, available in 12 trims, ranging from the i Sport FWD to the s Grand Touring 4WD.

The i Sport FWD is equipped with a standard 2.5-liter, I4, 171-horsepower engine that achieves 22-mpg in the city and 28-mpg on the highway. A 5-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard, and a 6-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional. The s Grand Touring 4WD is equipped with a standard 3.0-liter, V6, 240-horsepower engine that achieves 17-mpg in the city and 24-mpg on the highway.

blumby

July 17, 2009

Price Paid:  $32000.00 from West Coast Mazda - M

2008 Tribute

Summary:
DON’T BUY MAZDA

I so angry, I don’t even feel like writing this post. But I’m writing it, hoping it helps someone else not make the same mistake I made. Which is purchasing a MAZDA!!!

I bought this brand new and two months later it was making a noise. Took it back to the dealership and they heard the noise and told me to leave the vehicle overnight. Next day the noise was gone and they said it must have been a bad batch of gas and asked me to put a better grade of gas. 8 months later, noise is back and the dealership and Mazda Canada is giving me the run around. I’m waiting to hear back from Mazda Canada and will post on all the web sites as to what happens.

fiamenz

April 25, 2008

Price Paid:  $17000.00 from compass motors

2008 I sport

Strengths:
price, standard features...traction control...great sounding standard radio/cd...abs...more airbags than you can shake a stick at...

Weaknesses:
its metal...i know im gonna be pissed when its gets dented! (bring back the old plastic saturns dammit!)

Summary:
I bought it new about ten days ago...so far so good...I had a saturn that had become unreliable so I traded the sucker in on a new tribute. Im thrilled with it so far, great gas milage...smooth, quiet and turns on a dime...I try to buy american and bought the mazda version because the 08 escapes are just plain fugly! I got the basic model (lots of bang for the buck for sure) with the 5 speed manual...shifts smooth as a buttered monkeys ass!

footychica

February 26, 2008

Price Paid:  $33000.00 from Autocity Mazda

2008 Mazda Tribute GT

Strengths:
Nice body styling, good towing capacity. Minimal road noise.

Weaknesses:
Crap parts, transmission replaced,unexplained annoying noises, terrible fuel economy, very loud in cold temperatures

Summary:
I owned a 1990 Toyota 4Runner for 3 years, and didn't have any major problems with it. However, it was getting quite rusty, so I decided to part with it and buy a new vehicle. I went with the 2008 Mazda Tribute, mostly because of it's styling and affordable price tag. BIG MISTAKE. First of all, the 33mpg that it's supposed to get turned out to be 16mpg, and even worse in the winter. I bought it in August of 2007, and by November I had to replace the battery because it wouldn't hold a charge and left me stranded twice. Then in December it started making a very high pitched whining noise. I took it to the dealership, they couldn't find anything wrong with it, so I just have to put up with the annoying noise. Then in February of 2008, approximately 7 months after I bought it, the reverse decided to quit working. I took it to the dealership again, and they thought a sensor just needed to be replaced. They replaced the sensor, and it still didn't work. Turns out the transmission needs to be replaced, on a 7 month old vehicle!
Fortunately this is all still covered under the factory warranty. When the warranty is up, this piece of junk is getting traded in for another Toyota. I guess I'm partly to blame since I didn't do that much research before buying the vehicle. I must add that the dealership where I bought it has been very acommidating and understanding.

Eddy

January 30, 2008

Price Paid:  $36000.00 from Mazda Mornington

2007 mazda tribute v 6 3 liter

Strengths:
Save body side airbags

Weaknesses:
slightly tire noisy when driven on rough road may needs different brand tires.

Summary:
We had a Jeep Cherokee and it was a smal vehicle for a 4 liter and gas gusler.
We now have a new mazda tribute and it drives very well and it is roomy and do's not uses as much gas as the jeep and we used to tow a caravan and it has lots of power to do it comfortably. And we found it a very relaxing verhicle to drive and it has a good comanding view of the road. We are very happy with it.

Sarah

November 25, 2006

Price Paid:  $23000.00 from Balise Mazda

2006 Mazda Tribute

Strengths:
Drives well in most weather conditions, very roomy, nice sound system, good crash test ratings and decent price.

Weaknesses:
Horrible gas mileage and a bit noisy on the road after its been broken in (35,000 miles). A couple blind spots and not so hot in the snow.

Summary:
I purchases the Mazda Tribute due to the fact that I was in an accident with a sports car and was crushed. I felt compelled to buy a spacious, safe and affordabel SUV.