2009 Mitsubishi Montero Sport

More products from Mitsubishi >>
Montero Sport MSRP: $ 18310.00

The Montero Sport is a smaller version of the Montero. It comes with a 2.4-liter SOHC 16-valve 4-in-line with 132 hp or a 3.0-liter SOHC 24-valve V-6 with 173 hp. Choose between a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic and 2 or 4 wheel drive.

Samuel Henderson

May 7, 2006

Price Paid:  $17000.00 from Pape Mitsubishi

2004 Montero Sport

Strengths:
Great mechanical reliability, killer looks and color combos, good handeling,driver seat height control,ride comfort, good visibility.

Weaknesses:
Sloppy transmission - takes a while in hunting for the right gear; brakes feel mushy (but work well); no oil gauge, just a warning light.

Summary:
This is my 3rd Montero Sport. I've bought many SUVs over the years, but the Montero Sport is by far the most reliable. I bought this '04 last month from my dealer for $17,500 with only 17,000 miles on it. I'm delighted to have it becaise this is the last year of production (snif). I heartly recommend it for those looking for a mid-sized, mid-priced SUV. Used, they're an exceptionally good value.

Ford Explorer, Chevy Blazer

My Monty '03

May 12, 2005

Price Paid:  $12500.00 from CarMax

2003 ES

Strengths:
Sits high to see the road better, great gas mileage, smooth ride and easy to maneuver...strongly recommend

Weaknesses:
Breaking a bit mushy but OK once you get used to it.

Summary:
This is my first SUV and I love it. I have ridden in others SUVs and mine is a lot quieter and doesn't ride rough at all. The gas mileage is great in comparison to what I thought it would be. I drive to and from work 60 miles everyday so i use up some gas. My monty is the best investmentI have ever made. Low price only $12,500 with 24K miles! What as steal and whatta truck!

First SUV

milkdudman34

January 19, 2005

Price Paid:  $24000.00 from Local Dealer

2003 Montero Sport LS

Strengths:
Instrument panel easy to read.

Weaknesses:
bad acceleration, emergency brake sensor is flakey(fixed once, broke again).

Summary:
The car runs very well. I have put 45,000 miles on it, and still have had no problems. Changing the oil on this car is a hassle though, because you have to remove the skid plates to get to the bolt and filter.

Explorer

talbrooks

November 9, 2003

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Cooksville Mitsubish

2003 Montero Sport XLS

Strengths:
Roomy, sturdy picks up well on the highway.

Weaknesses:
Wind sound at high speeds. Some rattling in the panel...trying to figure that one out!

Summary:
I am very pleased with my Montero. It feels solid, safe, and looks good! The kids complain about lack of leg room in the back seat. Definitely need a cargo net in the back. Front panel looks kind of plain. Compass and temparature diisplay on mirror is a plus. Should have a car alarm at this price. My next choiice would have been a Nissan Murano but I'm very satisfied with my Montero Sport.

Jeep Cherokee, Ford Explorer, Izusu Rodeo

drumace1

July 21, 2003

Price Paid:  $23000.00 from Gray Epperson Mitsub

2003 Montero Sport ES

Strengths:
Has power, real eye catcher, comes with plenty for the price, more would be nice but then again it takes money to get more. The sound system isn't too bad either, and plenty of power outlets.

Weaknesses:
Kinda skinny, could be a little wider. Can pull 5k lbs but because of that should come with a hitch. Radio is hard to change out with an aftermarket cd player, but most don't wanna change it themselves.

Summary:
I don't see what problems people are having with the MS. If you take care of it and aren't rough with it, you shouldn't have problems with it. I've seen many many people happy with their choice, as I am. Some people take the MS off road and they have very minor problems, and they are roughing it. I think some people just don't know how to take care of a vehicle. I'll be using it for luxury, not racing, not off-roading, or anything real rough. So far I think it's an awesome truck with performance and looks.

none