2009 Mitsubishi Montero

More products from Mitsubishi >>
Montero MSRP: $ 31370.00

The Montero is only available in a 4 wheel drive with a 3.5-liter SOHC 24-valve V-6 sporting 200 hp and a 4-speed automatic.

Barb Johnson

September 19, 1999

More than 2 years

Review 1 of 116 , from Holland,MI, USA

pre 1997 Montero LS

Strengths:
I felt safe in any driving conditions. It handled excellent.

Weaknesses:
The only weakness for us was the size. We had to go to a bigger vehicle because our family grew in number.

Summary:
(pre 1997 Model) - We were in an accident and because of the weight and construction of the vehicle we sustained minimul damage and didn't feel the impact like the explorer that hit us. I loved our Montero. I keep telling my husband I will have one again someday. I can't wait!

Ricardo

September 2, 1999

More than 2 years

Review 2 of 116 , from Arecibo, PR, USA

pre 1997 Montero SR 4X4

Strengths:
spacious, sound system, comfort, versatile

Weaknesses:
weak engine, wind noise

Summary:
(pre 1997 Model) - Excellent value for the money, great 4X4 system, overall a great vehicle, reliable and low maintenance

monterofan

July 11, 2006

Price Paid:  $19795.00 from Walser

2003 Montero Limited

Strengths:
Rugged, safe, fun to drive, comfortable, seven passanger vehicle!

Weaknesses:
Only weakness is the gas milage. I wouldn't be concerned except for the price of gas these days....not mitsubishis fault.

Summary:
Purchased this vehicle used with 44,000 miles. Looks and feels new, comfortable ride when travelling long distance. Handles well in heavy rain. Steering wheel is comfortable, very quiet engine. Stylish body for such a large heavy rugged vehicle. Heated seats, fabulous sound system...what else can I say about this vehicle....oh did I say it's the second montero I've purchased! Third mitsubishi I've purchased.....that says it all!!

Blazer, mazda truck, older montero.

Shari

September 9, 2004

Price Paid:  $33000.00 from Global Auto Mall

2003 Mitsubishi Montero

Strengths:
The luxury interior and features.

Weaknesses:
Gas mileage and my sun roof was rattling. I took it to the dealer and it was fixed.

Summary:
I purchased my first SUV which was a brand new Mitsubishi Montero Limited. I absolutely love this truck and feel like I made the right decision. I tested many other SUV's and found that for the price and features that I was getting it was well worth it. Not to mention that it can definately hold it's own in horrible weather.

kris63321

May 19, 2004

Price Paid:  $25000.00 from Malvern Mitsubishi i

2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited

Strengths:
PASSENGER ROOM!!! LEATHER!!!!! HUGE SUNROOF!!!! WOOD GRAIN!!! INFINITY STEREO SYSTEM!!!! QUALITY BUILD!!!! I absolutely love the interior - it looks like a true luxury vehicle on the inside without the luxury price (I'm just a poor teacher). The third row seat is great - my kids are 5 and 9 so it is a perfect fit and they fight over it.

Weaknesses:
Cabin noise is the only real complaint I have. Backing up is a little difficult until you get used to the vehicle since it's rear view is slightly obstructed. I've read where others don't like the steering and handling, but it is fine with me - it just drives different than what I am used to. It seems like it takes a little longer to stop after you begin breaking, but I'm sure that is because it is a much heavier vehicle than my previous vehicle. Of course with gas being over $2 a gallon now I wish it would get better gas mileage, but it is a SUV and I love everything else about it.

Summary:
I bought this vehicle last week with 15,000 miles on it. It is a Limited so it has everything in it. Both my husband and I teach school so we couldn't afford a brand new one, but this one is in immaculate condition with low miles and had everything we wanted in a vehicle so we got it!! I liked the luxury look and feel and the fact that it is an import and should last a while. I've had problems with domestic vehicles that were bought brand new. I've always been one that only bought American, but I wanted to buy something that would last (at least until it is paid off) this time. I've only had it a week, but I am in love with it.

GMC Envoy Chevrolet Blazer