2011 Mitsubishi Outlander

More products from Mitsubishi >>
Outlander MSRP: $ 19990.00 - $ 25110.00

The Mitsubishi Outlander is a 4-door, up to 7-passenger sport-utility, available in 5 trims, ranging from the ES 2WD to the GT S-AWC.

The ES 2WD is equipped with a standard 2.4-liter, I4, 168-horsepower engine that achieves 23-mpg in the city and 28-mpg on the highway. The GT S-AWC is equipped with a standard 3.0-liter, V6, 230-horsepower engine that achieves 19-mpg in the city and 25-mpg on the highway.

Robert V

March 24, 2008

Price Paid:  $24700.00 from Monee,IL Mitsubishi

2008 Outlander XLS 4x4 V6

Strengths:
DVD nav
mpg
pick-up
fun to drive

Weaknesses:
the light interior

Summary:
Amazing car
great pick-up and very comfortable.
the mpg is really good considering it is a very heavy car & with a v6

Raindance

September 6, 2009

Price Paid:  $24000.00 from Leith Mitsubishi

2007 XLS V6

Strengths:
Fairly powerful compared to CRV, great exhaust note. Great looking vehicle. Reliable but always quirky.

Weaknesses:
Dealer service (absolutely indifferent), build quality, materials quality, auto transmission, lack of sound damping, engine noise, stock tires, driveline vibrations. Brakes. Lack of parts (such as airfilters) in auto part stores. Bluetooth hands-free.

Summary:
This vehicle is a better initial choice than a Honda CRV, but the quality is not quite there. Fisher-Price interior plastics, dash rattles, body creaks, cheap seat fabric, lots of silver painted plastic (silver rubs off). The V6 is not smooth and the entire vehicle vibrates when running against compression. The automatic transmission is a joke. It hardly ever knows when to shift and when it does it may do it ever so smoothly or with a thunk. The paddles are useless unless you don't mind thunky gear shifts. The brake rotors have to be turned every year as they warp easily. Mechanical engine noise increases with time. Buy it if you want a reliable vehicle that is never quite free of quirks. Service in my area is awful. If they remember to change the oil they overfill it by a considerable amount. Do not buy parts from the dealer, they charge about 300% more than an auto parts store (except you'll have to order anything you need) Stock tires last 20,000 miles. Bluetooth hands free is useless due to vehicles excessive noise levels - people on the other end of the call cannot hear or understand you.

Honda CRV EX, Honda Accord V6 EX, Honda Accord LX, Ford Explorer V8 XLT, Volvo S60, Volvo V50.

Kevin

October 22, 2007

Price Paid:  $30000.00 from Winnipeg

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander

Strengths:
Adequate power, smooth 6-speed automatic, excellent rear seat legroom, handy 2-piece tailgate, trip computer, styling (lots of wow comments), reasonable fuel economy, solid quality construction. As on my '04, there are Yokohama Geolander tires on this vehicle. I replaced the pricy Yokohama's on my '04 at 120,000 km (should have done it at 100,000) with cheaper all-seasons at the beginning of winter (read: snow and ice)and regretted it immediately - the Geolanders are definitely the ticket.

Weaknesses:
Auto-levelling headlamps are only availble on the XLS (any load in the rear or rear-seat passengers will have annoyed oncoming traffic flashing their high-beams at you). The round HVAC vents in my '04 were abandoned in favor of rectangular ones (more visually appealing, but not as nice to use). When you really punch it off the line, there is excessive torque-steer in 2wd mode. There is a lot of thumping noise from the front suspension on highway expansion joints. The red LED lights in the dash are nice, but are barely readable in daylight and when headlights are on during the day, the stereo lights dim automatically, making them impossible to see. When you move the seat higher, the armrests are too low, and the vehicle could definitely use a telescopic steering wheel.

Summary:
We previously owned a 2004 Outlander, which we liked more than enough to entertain purchasing the 2007. Almost everything is different with the '07. The syling is great and gets a lot of attention. Ours is pearl white, which is nice, but could use more pearl to be really effective. This vehicle has better fuel consumption than our '04 and the trip computer is a great addition. We average somewhere between 30 and 32 mpg (Imperial). We have owned this buggy for 7 months and have 36,000 km (approx 23,000 miles) on it, with no glitches whatsoever. My wife sometimes rides with a friend who has a Ford Escape and complains bitterly about the Escape's ride quality compared to the Outlander. I have a few little ergonomic complaints, but overall, when asked how I like it, (which is frequently), my response is always, "We love it". We took a 5000 mile trip within a week of purchasing it and were really impressed with its behavior. The top-of-the-line XLS will give you paddle-shifters on the column (I'd probably never use them - I don't use the manual shift mode on the shifter now), a kick-*** stereo (the standard one is pretty good), a DVD player, leather seats (would be a nice option), 3rd row seating (takes up a little extra storage space and they're totally useless unless you're 3 feet tall), taller wheels(if you need the bling), and the self-levelling headlights (I'd pay money for this if it were an option), bluetooth phone controls on the steering column (they're also there on my XL, but don't do anything - I think there may be an option to purchase the wiring harness to use this function). Probably my biggest complaint was the deal I made to purchase this vehicle. 'Let the buyer beware' certainly applies - the list price was $29K and change but after the sales manager was finished with me, I ended up giving them my '04 (which, aside from high mileage, was perfect with new tires) for basically nothing. This was my first new car deal and after I left the dealership, I felt that they should have at least kissed me first. However, that was my mistake, and one I'll never make again.

2004 Outlander

Charly

October 2, 2007

Strengths:
V6- 3000CC 220 HP , 90% of torque starting 2000RPM , shift paddles , keyless entry , 650 Watts Rockford Audio

Weaknesses:
Acceleration , maneuvering , too much plastic inside

Summary:
If you are looking for a well balanced SUV based on the looks and performance , and some added extra features , then this will be your car ;however , if you are looking for something faster or more utile or more aggressive , then I would suggest looking somewhere else .

Tony

April 9, 2009

Price Paid:  $19000.00 from Orlando, FL

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander

Strengths:
All of the above

Weaknesses:
None to mention

Summary:
Great vehicle! Bought brand new, now 51K miles, not a single problem, repait or issue! I get about 21mpg on average, and it actually fits my entire family - I have 2 kids - and all the toys in the trunk. We take the vehicle all over for camping, road trips etc. It performs like a champ, has great pickup (mine is only 4 cylinder, 2WD!), good styling.