Nissan Murano (2010 and older)

More products from Nissan >>
Murano (2010 and older) MSRP: $ 27830.00 - $ 31930.00

The 2010 Murano is a 4-door, 5-passenger sport-utility, available in 6 trims, ranging from the S 2WD to the LE AWD.

Both trims are equipped with a standard 3.5-liter, V6, 265-horsepower engine that achieves 18-mpg in the city and 23-mpg on the highway.

Expert Review: 2009 Nissan Murano - The Future of the Crossover
Expert Rating: 4.5 stars

"The Murano was fun to drive, accelerated like a sports car, and handled itself so smoothly that most of the time I had no clue I was going as fast as I was."

Joe

July 19, 2010

Price Paid:  $40250.00 from Harte Nissan

2009 Murano LE

Strengths:
Powerful engine and CVT handles power well. Plethora of tech options make it a good price considering competition. Very roomy for 5 passengers and reclining rear seats great idea. New styling and keyless go is nice. Pushing start/stop without brake pedal lets you operate radio and other functions without engine being on. Mileage is great for something this size, better than my dad's X3 3.0.

Weaknesses:
Fit and finish for a $40k vehicle is subpar with all the rattles and squeaks. Dealer is terrible for service, but that doesn't really apply to the car. Door handles squeak, dashboard rattles, and interior door handles feel like they are going to peel off from pulling closed too much. Easy entry for seat and steering cannot be disabled, not good for people trying to get behind the driver. Warranty expired 4 months ago and things started breaking already. The tilt steering motor is stuck all the way up and makes grinding noises upon entry and exit. Since last year, the left rear shock has been making a squeak noticed upon entry and exit. At 42k miles now and wondering how to get rid of this thing.

Summary:
A great car on paper. Performance of engine and powertrain are impeccable. Loads of tech features rivaling European imports. Unfortunately fit and finish has been overlooked and vehicle will suffer from reliability issues as a result. Warranty on CVT has been extended to 120k miles which is nice, now if they could only stand behind thier vehicles like most European and other Asian imports do with a 4 or 5 year warranty. I would not recommend anything more than the S model, anything more is not worth it.

Previous vehicles used are 99 Kia Sportage, 04 Subaru Forester XT, and occasionally 07 BMW X3. Next car might be a Lincoln or Audi.

mccommon

May 5, 2009

Price Paid:  $33000.00 from Maroone Nissan in Pe

2009 SL FWD

Strengths:
Engine, leather and space.

Weaknesses:
None that I have found. One note, I bought this car right off the delivery truck so I did not test drive. Once I got on open road when braking my front end shook. Nissan replace my rotors and all is well now.

Summary:
Love this car! A friend of mine bought one a few months ago and we do lunch together. Everytime I road in his Murano I was envious. Now I own one. Does not dissapoint. Very powerful, comfortable and roomy. I have most of the toys, leather, moonroof and tech package. The blue tooth is really convenient.

Ford Explorers 1996, 2000 & 2004.

Dan Lunney

December 30, 2008

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Feldman Nissan

2008 2009 Nissan Murano

Strengths:
*better gas mileage than anticipated
* very comfortable seats and almost luxurious interior materials (even base model).
*CVT transmission gives great sound and acceleration to vehicle.
*very roomy and accommodating interior.
*Great Engine (again - owned previous Nissan models)
*really liked the Goodyear Eagle Tires that came with CUV.

Weaknesses:
Had the vehicle 5 months now and haven't found a weakness yet. We were willing to compromise on gas mileage a bit when we bought it gas was $4/gal, but it's dropped down in price. Additionally, the car has averaged 21-22 miles per gallon better than we anticipated. Also didn't love the looks of exterior but the interior blew our socks off!!!

Summary:
I reviewed this vehicle for months before we actually bought it. We looked at many SUV and Crossover models and selected the Murano out of all the models. We found it to be the best combination of sportiness, utility, comfort, power, and gas mileage. We plan to but another Murano next year for our 2nd family vehicle. We found the base model had all the bells and whistles we needed so we even saved money by selecting the base model.

Previously owned 2001, 2002 Nissan Pathfinders and loved them. Wanted to find as good of vehicles but were even more impressed with power, comfort and utility of the Murano

V Budd

August 13, 2008

Price Paid:  $37700.00 from Tom Naquin Nissan

2008 LE

Strengths:
Great value,quality and resale value

Weaknesses:
Warranty duration,no folding electric mirrors,no turn signals (LED) in the outside rear view mirros,no bumper protector on painted tail gate when moving items from the hatchback compartment,no round connecter for trailer hitch wiring for trailers that have electric relase brakes on backing up.

Summary:
This vehicle is a breath of fresh air. Plenty of response,roomy,visibility is great,mileage for engine and horsepower size is fantastic.The transmission is so smooth that you do not feel a shift. I have the LE model with all of the toys. Only draw back is the warranty should be for a longer period of time.

Chevrolet Tahoe year 2000

GM Cloutier

July 12, 2008

Price Paid:  $27000.00 from National Car Rental

2008 Nissan Murano

Strengths:
Great handling.

Weaknesses:
No accessories would work unless the engine was running, which also means no radio.

Summary:
Traveling mechanical engineer. Rented a new 2009 Nissan Murano, on July 11-2008, after 5 days of city driving of a total of 153 miles, of which 60 of those miles were highway, all flat terrain, 85 Noctane gas, always slow acceleration from a stop position, my mpg was only 17.4. Nice handling, windows have poor visibility for both right and left blindspots. I had a strange pod-like key, inserted in a hole in the dashboard, and I had to press the brake while pushing a button on the dashboard to start engine. Stopping the engine was by pressing the same button. When the pod-like key was inserted (with no engine running) no accessories would work. I liked the radio show I was listening to, but when I stopped the engine, the radio went dead, so I had to run the engine to hear the radio while I sat and waited for my passenger to come back in the car.

Many similar SUVs have same or better mpg fuel economy.