Review 4 of 19|
Year / Model Reviewed:
2004 Porsche Cayenne v6/SUV
1. Looks. My Porsche is black on black. It looks mad sexy outside, and I love it inside. Dont get it without navigation, it looks ugly inside.
2. Brand. Porsche. For me Porsche is the second car after Ferrari. When people as you what car you have, you say - Porsche. People go like "oh my god, are u serious?" or "wow for shizzle? hook me up wid dat ride"... and things like that...
3. Sound. Wow. I love the sound. Its not as noisy as G35 and Riced up civics, but the exhaust rews so nice that people around you turn their heads.
4. Reliability. It turned out to be more reliable that my Toyota minivan - passenger side window motor went out within couple of weeks since I bought it.
5. Handling. Oh yeaaaah. handling. Never in my life a drove a car with better handling. No BMW 2,5,6, no 7, no 8, no Mercedes S,E,SLK,CLK, no Cadillacs CTS. No camaros, corvettes and definitely minivans can be compared. I drove all that cars, and Cayenne feels like it is on rails. Handling is one of the best features in the car. You won’t understand it unless u test drive it. Here is a story. Once I was late to my funerals and I had to drive fast. It was raining. It was very very rainy and windy. Everyone was in the right row going like 25 mph on I95. And one crazy Porsche cayenne was in the left row going 105 miles an hour. The car was basically glued to the road.
6. Breaking. Its breaks are the best. Once again, I never saw a car with better brakes. The car can stop from 60 to 0 miles per hour within 111 ft. For your consideration, Ferrari F 50 does that within 119 feet, bmw 745 in 129 feet. Imagine.
7. There are lots of minor things like turning radius, great wipers – best I’ve ever seen, excellent xenon lights, heated seats, mirrors and steering wheel, tilting wheel, comfortable front seats, very sporty suspension, pretty spacious trunk, helpful dealers (I cracked my windshield(while washing the windshield wipers at the gas station) and it was only 200 to replace it. Smooth Trans.
1. v6 is responsive, but not as responsive as I would want it to be. Most 6 cylinder cars are faster.
2. Uncomfortable back seats. The car is mainly for two people.
3. Way too many people staring you on the streets and keep asking what car is that.
4. Many haters… Someone keyed my car next to the Cayenne sign on the trunk. Fixed that. Killed the hater.
Before getting the Porsche I decided to take a look at the reviews and feedbacks on the car. I was amazed at how many people found this car to be unreliable. I leased a cayenne for 3 months, have over 10'000 miles and no problems whatsoever. I went to Florida from New York twice within those three months. The car is a dream. Take a look at strengths for better understanding...
Similar Products Used:
Well, I don’t know if there are similar products. Even though people say that WV Touareg is similar... its not!. The only similar car is probably future Ferrari SUV. But I had many cars, no cars are better than Cayenne.
Definately get Cayenne instead some Touregs, FXs, Muranos, X5s, MLs...
I love the car.