2010 Subaru Tribeca

More products from Subaru >>
Tribeca MSRP: $ 29995.00 - $ 33595.00

The Tribeca is a 4-door, up to 7-passenger luxury sport-utility, available in 3 trims, ranging from the Tribeca to the Limited.

All trims are equipped with a standard 3.6-liter, H6, 256-horsepower engine that achieves 16-mpg in the city and 21-mpg on the highway.

Expert Review: 2008 Subaru Tribeca
Expert Rating: 4.25 stars

"I admit that my initial interest in the 2008 Subaru Tribeca was muted at best. The previous generation model (2006 - 2007) was, to be frank, hideous. So I assumed the newly face-lifted variant wouldn’t be a looker either. Instead, I found an attractive mid-sized crossover SUV that was easy to drive and loaded with features."

Sorted by Model Year |  Sort by Latest Review >> |  Sort by Best Rating >> |  Sort by Worst Rating >> |
jrm

March 31, 2010

Price Paid:  $28750.00 from Diablo Subaru

Strengths:
MP3 jack, aux sub woofer, exterior design, interior appointments,AC jacks,seats, 265 HP engine, AT sport mode, standard features, Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)

Weaknesses:
interior blind spots @ all corners, the OE goodyear tires, the Electronic control unit (ECU) transmission control unit (TCU), steering wheel audio controls-horn, ground clearance, ventilation, cabin controls and absolutely NO performance, suspension or appearance aftermarket parts available.

Summary:
For me the last straw was the transmission TCU and engine ECU controllers impact on the driving experience. They really ruined what gains were made with the cars exterior design, interior features, engine AWD system and suspension.

201 FXT, toyota 4runner

ttemail

January 7, 2009

Price Paid:  $31000.00 from Subaru of Cool Sprin

2006 Subaru Tribeca

Strengths:
Very nice & confident handling in all weather conditions, quiet ride and extremely comfortable driving position.

Weaknesses:
Initial 2006 model was the under-powered, required premium fuel, and suffered from a poorly matched transmission, however, all of those issues were addressed in 2007, and even more so for 2009. Glove box it too small to be of much use for more than a wallet and pack of tissues.

Summary:
I've owned this car for nearly 3 years and I've been extremely pleased with the handling, quite ride and decent mileage. I've enjoyed the heavy guage cloth interior which remians cool in the summer and warm in the winter (although I will likely go with leather on the next one to get the improved sound system and other features - not available a la carte). It handles rain, mud, snow or sand competently and securely.

I am 6 ft and I find both the front row and 2nd row seats to be both roomy and extremely comfortable. I often take 'full-sized' associates from work to lunch or meetings and I've heard many compliments regarding the amount of leg room.

My only complaints for this '06 model was the under-powered engine, premium fuel, and mis-matched transmission, however, all of those issues were addressed the very next year, and even more so for 2009.

VERY GOOD LEASES ARE OFFERED through Subaru for this model. My deal in 2006 for the base model included a 3-yr, 15K miles/yr term at a mere $310 per month (including taxes). I have an offer for a new Special Edition w/ $18K miles/yr for 3 years at $335 per month (includes tax). While this car is no Lexus 470, it is a lot of very nice car for the money. I've seen many a car valued at $5K less cost over $400 per month on a lease, and usually with only 10K-12K miles per year.

I will very likely lease this car again.

Honda CRV