2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara

More products from Suzuki >>
Grand Vitara MSRP: $ 18799.00

The Grand Vitara is a 4-door, 5-passenger sport-utility, available in 6 trims, ranging from the Base 2WD to the Luxury 4WD.

The Base 2WD is equipped with a standard 2.7-liter, V6, 185-horsepower engine that achieves 16-mpg in the city and 22-mpg on the highway. The Luxury 4WD is equipped with a standard 2.7-liter, V6, 185-horsepower engine that achieves 17-mpg in the city and 21-mpg on the highway.

jar4real4u

October 29, 2007

Price Paid:  $26000.00 from Suzuki Seattle

2007 Grand Vitara

Strengths:
Looks good interior and exterior.

Weaknesses:
Made cheap and eats up to much gas for the engine size.

Summary:
Not to happy with the new Grand Vitara at 2700 mile. I hear clucking sound from the engine and squicking sound on the drive seat. Ride is not good ride like a car. Hear noise from the exterior. Tires that comes with the Vitara makes to much noise. Engine sound cheaps. Should have bought a ford Escape. Redesign but not complete redesigned.

jsmith

August 6, 2008

Price Paid:  $33700.00 from Calgary Suzuki

2006 Grand Vitarra JLX

Strengths:
Very peppy, good highway power, good road visibility, very sweet with the JLX features.

Weaknesses:
Cost of accessories from dealership. Lack of after-market parts. Backseats have a hard ride and not much space for adults - you really only want to put your kids in there. Sometimes the down-shifts on a downhill coast are a little clunky and jolt the passengers.

Summary:
This has been a great little suv for in the city. It's very peppy, has good visibility because you're higher up than in a car, and is shorter than a big suv or minivan so it's not a beast to park or maneuver thru traffic. Now with a 2nd child we're finding it's just too small to transport 2 adults, 2 kids and all the day-to-day baby gear that goes with us. It's VERY squishy for space on a 3-day family get away and forget about it on a 1-week camping trip.

It's been fairly reliable and now we're at 60,000km; the only major concerns were a failed power steering pump that was replaced under warranty, and a leaked-out rear shock (also warrantied). My wife has complained that one day the front windows had trouble going up, but I've never witnessed that myself. I'm not sure how comfortable I would feel after the warranty runs out, but we're selling it anyhow to upsize.

We bought this for over $33K CDN and now I see ads for the base model starting at $20K CDN. I know a lot of that has to do with the strength in the Canadian dollar, so at today's price I can probably recommend it as having good value, where as before we didn't have much choice.

1996 Subaru Legacy Outback

November 29, 2003

Review 3 of 138 , from Allen, Tx. USA

Price Paid:  $26000.00 from Passport Suzuki in P

2003 XL-7 Limited 4x4

Strengths:
* 4x4 climbs like a mountain goat. * Steel ladder frame. * Nice interior & stereo system. * Dependable.

Weaknesses:
* Poor Gas Mileage. * Needs more Horse Power. * Needs more interior lighting & glove Box light. * Not so good gas mileage. * No resale value, expect 50% depreciaton first year if bought new. * No mileage warranty on tires per Brigestone 1-800 number and local dealers. * Tires are gone at 12,000 miles. * Plastics in interior scratch too easily.

Summary:
I traded in my 2002 XL-7 Touring 2-wheel drive for a new 2003 XL-7 Limited 4x4. I just had to have the new updated interior. It is really nice. Good fit & finish, looks expensive. Still no glove box light. Passport Suzuki in Plano Texas is still the best when it comes to Suzuki. They are the best group of people to do business with that I have ever encountered. The Bridgestone tires wore out at 12,000 miles and I was told by a local Bridgestone/Firestone dealer that they manufacture the tires very cheap for Suzuki and there is no mileage warranty at all on them. I called the Bridgestone 1-800 number and they confirmed this. My warranty booklet states 24 months or 24,000 miles. I guess Bridgestone doesn't remember printing this material. Very poor trade-in value.

This is my 3rd Suzuki.

Dave

November 22, 2003

Price Paid:  $20500.00 from Savage Dealerships,

2003 Grand Vitara

Strengths:
Engine has a 500,000 mile rated timing chain system that should never need replaced....enough power for the vihicle at any rate....Asthetically pleasing interior...nice handling...easy on gas for a 4X4...great stereo...great climate control system...heated mirrors..rear defrost/wiper...etc....etc...

Weaknesses:
I can only compare this vehicle to other small foreign vehicles I have driven, and it is one of the best....

Summary:
I really like it... I traded in a Chevy Silverado 1500 extended cab for better gas mileage, and a smaller vehicle to commute in..So far I am very pleased with the vehicle.. I test drove the other compact SUV's and chose the Suzuki not only for the better financing, and great trade in, but also for the best warrantee, and features. V-6 is better, and gets about the same as the others V-4. You can select 4X4 when you want it.. The only one it seams you can do that in.... The ride isn't bad....the gas mileage is excellent....the stereo from clarion sounds great, and has a built in adjustable gain subwoofer under the driver's seat...the engineering, and design seems exceptional, and everything in the interior, and exterior is new, and fine, with a very nice new car smell......I can't see how you couldn't like one, although small, and I don't have a family, but I certainly can say it is one of the smartest, most practical vehicles I ever purchased......

Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Volkswagen

Cargolfer

November 18, 2003

Price Paid:  $0.00 from NA

2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL7

Strengths:
NA

Weaknesses:
NA

Summary:
Hi, this is not a review but more of a solicitation of views. I have test drove the Suzuki Grand Vitara XL 7 and is still undecided about the car. Is there anyone out there who already owns one and can tell me about the strengths & weaknesses of the car please. Thank you