2009 Suzuki Vitara

More products from Suzuki >>
Vitara MSRP: $ 16300.00

For 2004 the Suzuki Vitara is available excusively as a four door LX V6 model. It comes with either a manual or automatic transmission with the 2.5 liter engine producing 165 hp and 162 lb. ft. of torque. All Vitara models feature standard air conditioning, rear window defroster, cruise control, intermittent wipers, power door locks and windows, and AM/FM radio with compact disc. Safety features include dual front airbags, daytime running lights and optional four-wheel disc anti-lock braking system.

Sorted by Model Year |  Sort by Latest Review >> |  Sort by Best Rating >> |  Sort by Worst Rating >> |
battleforrussia1941

October 21, 2004

Price Paid:  $22000.00 from Langley Suzuki, Lang

2003 4 door

Strengths:
- Low price when compared to competition - Real 4wd capabilities, with transfer case and 4 low gear - Decent cargo room (although a little longer than taller would be appreciated!) - Good fit and finish (seems more expensive than it is) - Durable and rugged body on frame construction - Decent drivability (for a small SUV - definately not a car!) - OK gas milage (again not a car...)

Weaknesses:
- Cornering is really dicy as body leans a lot. You quickly learn to take corners much slower than you are used to in a car. Rollover potential is there if you push it too hard at high speed - Jiggly, jittery ride - again a real 4x4 so excusable. But definately does not ride like a cushy car or unibody SUV. - Other than the above, no other apparent weaknesses so far!

Summary:
Bought a 2003 base Vitara in February 2004. Price was right - $22,000 CAD. I bought the car for my wife, who was just about to buy a Mazda 3 for almost the same amount of money. I talked her into testing the Vitara and she fell in love with it instantly. Honestly, it looks much more expensive than it is, certainly just as nice as a CRV, RAV4, etc. PLUS it is a real 4 wheeler. So far (with 6,000 miles) we are very happy with our purchase. It is high off the road, gives good visibility and is very comfortable to drive. While not powerful by any means (4 cyl. version), it is no slouch either. In it, it is easy to cruise at 80-90 mph on the highway. The only problem we have had so far was a leaking waterpump, which the dealer pointed out while changing the oil, and fixed it quickly. Happy with that no hassle repair. Bottom line is - very happy customer so far. Yes we haven't had it for long, but so far, so good. I can't believe that other small SUV's are so much more expensive. Not only does the Vitara offer MORE (in the way of real 4wd), it also looks better than the competition in my opinion.

1991 Nissan 4x4 truck

kouathegreat

March 15, 2004

Price Paid:  $19000.00 from Racette Daewoo Suzuk

2003 VITARA

Strengths:
*Great Maneuver *Snow no problem on the 4 wheel drive *Good looking little Sport SUV

Weaknesses:
*Handwheel hard to handle *No power *Wind problem

Summary:
I always love a SUV, so I decide to bought a brand new Suzuki vitara, It's a bad idea to buy a 4 cylinder 4X4 wheels drive SUV, I been driving the car for 7 months, 7,000 miles and everything is perfect, The bad thing is that the 4 cylinder engine is not right for the car, I bought it because it use less gas, When you driving on the High Way, Everyday always feel like a windy day, Handwheel are difficult to handle for long period of time. Poor Qualities car, The price drop by half if you trade in, If you love SUV I Recommend you to buy a used use.

unknown

Jack

July 30, 2004

Price Paid:  $28600.00 from Orca Bay

2002 Vitara

Strengths:
When they said a good performer offroad, they wern't blowing smoke. and that was when I was using my Tiger paws. Get all terrain tires and it get better. Has better 4 wheel drive system than other mini-utes plus a proper ladder frame. It goes where CRV and others can't.

Weaknesses:
I didn't get AC and I got the top of the line model. I've got 75.000 Kms on it and now I have engine ping.

Summary:
got this Suv for the snow, and for when I go camping and fishing. Ended up getting mag wheels for it and BF Goodritch longtrail tires for it. kept my snowies on my steel rims.

doug_f

May 11, 2004

Price Paid:  $14000.00 from Budget Auto Sales

2002 Suzuki Vitara

Strengths:
The 4 cylinder engine is tuned for high torque in off road situations = It really is a mountain goat.

Weaknesses:
Warranty work so far: Rear differential oil seal replaced (10,000). (30,500) miles I had to replace both the front Rotors and pads myself. (30,200) Rear drums replaced under warranty, (30,200) Hand brake cable replaced under warranty. (20,000) Pulley on engine block replaced under warranty - needs to be replaced again at (31,000)

Summary:
Although the off-road ability is unmatched in small and medium size SUVs, the build quality is definitely GM... For Warranty work so far see weaknesses.