2009 Dodge Ram 3500

More products from Dodge >>
Ram 3500 MSRP: $ 35985.00

The Dodge Ram 3500 is the one-ton heavy-duty Dodge pickup. The 2009 Dodge Ram 3500 features the 6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel as standard for all trim levels, producing 650 lb-ft of torque and 350 horsepower.

Sorted by Model Year |  Sort by Latest Review >> |  Sort by Best Rating >> |  Sort by Worst Rating >> |
Jerryi Parmer

May 16, 2003

Review 1 of 3 , from Niwot, Colorado USA

Price Paid:  $41500.00 from dealer

2003 3500 4X4 Quad

Strengths:
Power, ride, mileage (19+mpg) overall comfort.

Weaknesses:
rear bumper easily dented.

Summary:
Best truck I have ever 0wned. Best decision to buy at this time. Love the HO diesel. Getting used to the 6 speed. Most power ever in a truck. Last Ford was in shop 16 times in 11 months.

2001 Ram 2500, 32 Fords since 1966. Will buy nothing but Dodge now. This is my 4th since 1994.

Jim

July 23, 2001

1 to 3 years

Review 2 of 3 , from Fall City, Washington, USA

2000 Ram 3500 QC 4x4,Cummins & 5spd

Strengths:
Cummins diesel,awsome pulling power,comfy seats,spaceous interior,great looks & ride height,big Dana 80 rear end,folding back seat,bulletproof 5-speed.Got the best deal on it versus the other 2 brands.

Weaknesses:
Quad cab could stand more room. More sound insulation for engine would be nice,it's not too bad though.Auto trannys are weaker. I also like to hear the turbo spool up like the other people on this review.

Summary:
Overall,a great truck,especially for towing really heavy things like a 30' Hunter sailboat.Yes,that's right, all 14,000 lbs of it(w/ a triple axle trailer). No problems at all(I have the Jake Brake as well).I could tell it was back there,but the truck seemed to shrug it off like it was just another day on the job. So far,I love this truck. I use it for pulling our 3(really 2-1/2) sprint cars to all the tracks in the northwest & northern CA areas just about every weekend.I would recommend this truck to anyone who is going to be pulling some stout loads behind them(10-15,000+ LBS). The Cummins is an amazing engine,it doesn't matter what the circumstances are, it just keeps going the distance and delivering the goods. It also pulls up hills quite nicely around here.I have passed quite a few diesel equipped Fords & GM's going up the hills like they were sitting still,all the while, hauling a heavier load! One Ford PSD owner on the C.B. asked me what I did to make my truck pull like that,and I replied: "What do you mean?, This is stock!". Needless to say we talked about Dodge trucks for the rest of the trip across I-90 and he wished he bought a Ram instead(oh-well,I felt bad for him in a way). This truck is deffinately built for the long haul! Stay away if your looking for a "take the kids to school" kind of vehicle. It's designed to do more than that kind of stuff.....

96 F-250-nice ride, 94 Chevy k3500 w/454(gas hog).

Jimmy Dean

January 18, 2000

Review 3 of 3 , from Thornville,Oh USA

2000 Ram 3500 Cummins

Strengths:
You name it. This truck pulls, pushes, and punches. It is the bully of duallies. The cummins is the only engine for me. 19 miles to the gallon on the highway, pulling 10000 pounds of equine nags! My wife and I have owned 7 new vehicles in 13 years, this is the first that has never been back at the dealership for anything! I have 8000 miles on it in 3 months. Dont pay no mind to reviews that say this 4X4 truck rides rough. I had an independant front suspension that was a little plusher, but this strong rock solid, tight turning straight front axle, rides great!

Weaknesses:
Front tow hooks are $140. Oil filters are $10. Everything for this truck is just a tad bit more expensive.

Summary:
The Cummins is the best diesel on the market today for pickups. The international in the Ford is a close second, and my used to be favorite truck, Chevy, hasnt got a clue yet for its new diesel. My last truck was a Chevy diesel bought new for $26000, 115000 miles and ran strong. The dodge is better, and should be with sticker of $38000.
Bottom line, This is the Mans truck. Women, steer clear!!!

91 Chevy Siverado, 94 Chevy silverado diesel loved it...