2011 Ford F-350 Super Duty

More products from Ford >>
F-350 Super Duty MSRP: $ 26690.00

The F-350 is Ford's Super Duty full-sized single rear-wheel (SRW) or dual rear-wheel (DRW) truck. The F-350 manages to mix innovation, comfort, and style into a competitive vehicle that has impressive torque ratings, towing capacities, and payloads.

The F-250 Super Duty and F-350 Super Duty are Ford’s heavy-duty pickups that are updated for 2008 with a bold new exterior design and new interiors. The F-250 and F-350 are built on a separate platform from the light-duty F-150.

donna371

July 27, 2006

Price Paid:  $47000.00 from Earnhart Ford in Pho

2006 F-350

Strengths:
Good looking truck

Weaknesses:
transmission

Summary:
F350 Diesel SuperDuty Supercab:
This truck has been a lemon. The transmission has failed twice in less than a two week period. It will not tow my fifth wheel that is less than 10,000lbs.
When I first bought the truck it ran pretty well, but when I used it to tow my fifth wheel into the mountains, it began to have transmission problems. I took it to the Ford dealer in Show Low and they rebuilt the overdrive components. On my way back from Show Low(after picking the truch up and hauling my fifth wheel back to Yuma, the transmission gave out again, this time spewing the oil out and smoking. It almost left me in the middle of a mjour highway.

I own a 1997 F150 and have not had any problems.

transmission troubles?

April 14, 2006

Price Paid:  $32000.00 from Dean Arbour

2005 F350 Diesel

Strengths:
Power for hauling trailers.

Weaknesses:
Transmissions

Summary:
We have owned a 2001 F250(gas), 2004 F250(gas), 2005 F350 Diesel and now a 2006 F350 Diesel. The first three trucks we had four transmissions on the way out...replaced one transmission for $3000 and then sold the others before the tranny got too bad. The 2005 Diesel had less than 40K miles on it when the transmission started slipping. We've had electrical troubles and it just seems like one thing after another with these trucks....mainly the transmission troubles. The 2001's engine blew after we traded it in...lucked out on that one.

Toyota

jeff

January 2, 2007

Price Paid:  $30.00 from Smith Ford

2004 F350

Strengths:
Interior cab is very large.

Weaknesses:
Having to rebuild the transmission with only 1 1/2 months of ownership under my belt.

Summary:
First look the truck is very nice. Plenty of power.

gardner401@earthlink.net

April 14, 2006

Price Paid:  $45000.00 from Wabash Fe, Indianapo

2002 F3504x4 4door Duely

Strengths:
Good pulling power

Weaknesses:
The transmission went out at 13,000 miles while we were on vacation 600 miles away from home. after two rebuilt transmissions that wouldn't work and us sitting in our camper with no car they gave us a loaner and sent us home. One week later with a new transmission and another 1200 mile trip we got my truck back. At 32,000 miles I had major problems with my transmission again. The new transmission came with a 35,000 mile warranty but they don't tell you that warranty starts back at the odometer being at 0 as when it rolls off the lot. Which is the most ridculous warranty i have ever heard of. At around 42,000 miles I took it to have it aligned at a tire shop. They said the ball joints were bad so i took it to the Ford dealership. The owner who is my client said thats not the problem it's just cheap tires. so he put on some new tires for me. Now 20,000 miles later the same problem is happening and the dealer my client want even talk to me. After the last transmission problem I tried to trade it in and the people at Wabash for wouldn't even call me back. Needless to say Ford is a four letter word to me. Now I still owe a ton of money on a piece of Sh _ _ .

Summary:
I like the truck and pulling power but will never own another Ford.

None

Luv My Trucks

August 12, 2005

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Ext Cab 4X4

Strengths:
Nice looking and comfortable truck- pulls great when you have a working tranmission.

Weaknesses:
Transmissions in F-350 is the same as the one in the F-150(?). Overkill or inadequate? You decide. Replace as needed or every 60K miles... Customer Service Department and Reps- VERY Unhelpful, Uncaring and Rude, with the exception of 2 we have found so far...

Summary:
We are on our second transmission at the time I am writing this. Ford has been less than helpful in our quest for repairs/replacement of this vehicle. This will be trip #7 for our truck into the shop. We have gotten nowhere trying to deal with Ford. However, I see here, many of you also have major problems with your Super-Out-Of-Duty trucks. Here is some info that may be helpful to everyone. www.lemonlawbasics.com is a website that lists lemon laws by state and what you need to do. There is also a list of lemon law lawyers who may be of assistance. 800-392-3673- Ford customer care phone number- listed on Ford.com (also passed on to me by Dodge customer care!) 800-232-5952 -TDD # also listed on Ford.com Here is the big one folks- 313-322-3000 Ford Executive Offices in Michigan! This number is available through 411 or 1411- information. If you press 00, you can skip the recordings and get an operator. Feel free to go as high up as you feel you need or deserve! I am not guarenteeing any of these options will work, but Ford will tell you, "It is up to you as a consumer to research the lemon laws and inform yourself of all courses of action you have avaiable." (hoops to jum through!)

Several ford trucks as well as Dodge and Nissans