2011 Ford Ranger

More products from Ford >>
Ranger MSRP: $ 19350.00 - $ 23740.00

The Ranger is Ford’s compact pickup truck that was introduced in 1982, redesigned in 1993, and received a new exterior design in 1998. The Ranger was the best-selling compact truck in the U.S. for 18 straight years. The fourth generation Ranger is a two- or four-door pickup truck, with compact-truck capability and can seat five.

randy

May 4, 2007

Price Paid:  $12500.00 from friendly ford

2007 ford ranger

Strengths:
nice body style

Weaknesses:
absolutely no power, all 4 cylinder should be better than this

Summary:
I have a 2.3, 4 cylinder ranger xlt. Beware, it has no power, I understand it is a 2.3,4 ,but I can barely go 45 up a not so steep mountain, hyundai accents are passing me. 1 month, worst vehicle i have ever had

dodge, toyota

Chris Smith

April 24, 2007

Price Paid:  $17500.00 from Carmax

2006 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Sport

Strengths:
Fuel economy, strength, comfort, stereo.

Weaknesses:
Passenger room. I list this as a weakness but if you're getting a Ranger you should know already that you're not going to have a lot of passenger room. I can fit one passenger and 2 in the back because of the extended cab but if I were one of the two in the back I'd want to be only there for an hour or two max.

Summary:
I've only had this car for a few days but I've already put close to 850 miles on it. This thing is a BEAST. I've owned a Ford Escort and a Dodge Intrepid in the past and every time I've increased in engine size. This car is by FAR the best I've used. The acceleration is NOTHING like my dad's F-150....I can go from dead stop to 75 miles per hour in no time without spinning my rear tires at all. I don't know what it is but I've fallen in love. The interior cab is nearly silent and the stereo system is to die for.

I would recommend this car for any use. I compared mine with my dad's and it's roughly 6-8 inches shorter in length and only about an inch or two shorter in height. The tires are the same size and the only difference is that my dad's is an extended cab F-150.

My first tank averaged close to 26 miles per gallon. WAY over the list estimate. (95% highway miles)

Can't comment on the hauling power as I haven't needed to haul anything yet though from what I can tell, it should have no problems doing so.

1997 Ford F-150

Karl Davidson

December 9, 2007

Price Paid:  $22000.00 from bancroft ford

2006 ranger

Weaknesses:
its lite in the back end,suggest you put weight there if you drive in snow.

Summary:
so far its been been towed once because of a very over acting fuel pump shut,the four wheel drive has been fixed and still act's up and it makes alot of sounf in the drive train which makes me nervous and the starter sounds like its ready to die!

explorer

robranger

March 19, 2009

Price Paid:  $12000.00 from Used car dealer

2006 Sport 4x4 4.0L Ext Cab

Strengths:
4.0L motor, Interior and Exterior looks great. Nice seats with lots of leg room.
Good power for pulling my trailer.
A very SOLID feeling ride.

Weaknesses:
Poor gas mileage..........

Summary:
My 3rd Ranger and the best Ranger so far.
The Ext Cab is great for storage of things that need to be kept locked up.
This truck feels so much bigger than my 97 Ranger. The 4.0 L has good power and is very smooth and quiet. I have driven a friends Colorado many times and it just doesnt have the same feeling of quality as the Ranger. The Colorado 5 cyl motor is very BUZZY and the truck just feels cheep.
I am very happy with my Ranger. I think Ford has done a good job with this truck.

1990 Ranger 4x4
1997 Ranger 4x4
2008 Colorado 4x4

LINDA

June 9, 2006

Price Paid:  $14000.00 from PALM COAST FORD

2005 XL RANGER

Strengths:
GOOD ON GAS

Weaknesses:
POWER, ALIGNMENT, TIRES

Summary:
I'M HAD A LOT OF PROBLEM WITH THE TRUCK ALIGNMENT. I'VE HAD THE TRUCK IN 4 TIMES TO GET IT FIXED AND IT'S STILL BEARING TO THE LEFT. NEW TIRES ARE WEARING. CLUTCH IS VERY HARD TO WORK.