2010 Toyota Tundra

More products from Toyota >>
Tundra MSRP: $ 25795.00

Available in Regular cab, Double Cab and CrewMax styles, the Tundra also features three bed lengths, three engines, three wheelbases and a choice of 4X2 or 4X4 configurations.

The Tundra offers three engines and three cab sizes. Handling is relatively responsive, but the ride with the TRD package is stiff. The 5.7-liter V8 is very powerful. The tailgate is easy to raise and lower. A new 4.6-liter V8 replaced the old 4.7-liter for 2010.

Expert Reviews: 2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax

"This thing is big in every meaning of the word…and it also packs a few pleasant surprises."

Javid Presson

January 28, 2011

Price Paid:  $29462.00 from Fred Haas Toyota

2010 Double Cab SR5/TRD

Strengths:
Amazing power, lots of options for aftermarket products available, Very comfortable to drive, Very sharp turning radius.

Weaknesses:
Toyota parts are expensive for possible upgrades.

Summary:
This truck has been the best I have ever owned. It drives great, will go when it needs to, and is suprisingly the best truck I can think of.

1994 GMC Extended Cab
2001 Dodge 1500
2007 Dodge 3500
2009 Chevy 1500

Oscar A

July 7, 2010

Price Paid:  $40000.00 from Toyata

2010 Crewmax

Strengths:
Great truck, Lots of power

Weaknesses:
GPM is lower then stated

Summary:
Wow Boerne toyta went above what we ask for. They took back my smaller truck i had paid for from them and rework the deal for a larger truck.

Robbie Ellis

June 25, 2010

Price Paid:  $29785.00 from Desert Toyota

2010 Tundra/DoubleCab

Strengths:
Lots of power handles well and exceptional ride on most roads. Very comfortable interior especially on long roadtrips.

Weaknesses:
Ride can become sketchey and very bouncy on highs that are made of concrete sections like those on the freeways around Las Vegas. I would not have purchased this vehicle if I lived there.

Summary:
I have greatly enjoyed this vehicle since my purchase in March 2010. But I would not attempt to put a K&N air filter on a 4.6L as I did, since it had dramatic and adverse affects on the vehicles performance, starts from a stop, and milage, that the dealership just couldn't explain but the simptoms would vanish 100 miles after the stock air filter was put back in the air filter box.
I have taken 5 roadtrips since owning the vehicle and have loved driving it everywhere except around the Las Vegas freeways. The power has been the right mix of performance and finess that was needed in every driving situation so far.
I can also say that I have made the change from being a 20+ year Ford owner because of the overall toyota after sale experience, especially where the service department is concerned. I can't say enough good things about how my dealership, Desert Toyota, has treated me. They not only tell me whats wrong but in the case of when I could do it myself and save a few bucks, my wife owns a 2000 Celica that she inherited, they not only identify the parts I'll need but also provide an instruction sheet. I've never recieved service like that from any other dealer.
I've read that the interior seems a bit plastic but have not thought that it was any more so that any other fullsize so am at a loss as to why.
The cab of the Tundra is spacious, with ample room even when I need to add the 6th passenger. The only down side is the person in front in the center needs to have short legs or they may feel a bit cramped. As I've only used this seat once I was glad it was there but it was a comfortable ride since we just made the shortest person sit there.

I have owned both full size Ford, Dodge and Chevy trucks and as far as ride and comfort I have to say the Tundra is hands down the best product on the road for me, in quality, performance and ride. I average 16.6 to 18.3mpg City depending on how I drive and 18.9 to 20.6 mpg highway. Howevery my worst tank was on a highway trip with a 50 mph headwind and I received on 16.3mpg on that trip. My best was with a 15 mph tail wind and I saw 21.2mpg.

Mike A.

April 5, 2010

Price Paid:  $32600.00 from Medes Motors

2010 Regular Cab long box 4.6l

Strengths:
Power, fuel mileage, quiet ride, exterior design, awesome brakes, steering, 4x4, traction control, stability control, Toyota engineering, slick tailgate, transmission etc...

Weaknesses:
Almost too big in some parking spots. That's it.

Summary:
So far the best truck I have ever used or owned. It get's better mileage than my two, six cylinder Dakotas -P.O.S.
Super quiet on the highway and an absolute pleasure to drive.
Got the bench seat with fold down console and it fits three adults comfortably!
Accelerates effortlessly ( faster than a 5.4l F-150 even though Toyota has a much smaller engine)

-GMC Truck

Suzane

March 4, 2010

Price Paid:  $28765.00 from http://www.macktruck

2010 Crewmax

Strengths:
Safety features; towing and hauling ability; thoughtful interior design; performance with optional 4.6L and 5.7L engines.

Summary:
Following a 2007 redesign the Tundra enters 2010 with several changes. A new more powerful 4.6L midrange V8 is available to replace last year's 4.7L V8. Two new trim levels are also available: Platinum and Work Truck. Minor cosmetic adjustments have been made to the grille and taillamps and front seat knee airbags and height-adjustable headlamps are now standard across the line. Two new audio choices are available, as well as folding tow mirrors, a power vertical rear window and in-mirror back up camera. All SR5 Double Cab and Crew Max models have been discontinued with the SR5 package now an option rather than a stand alone model.

Toyota's Tundra is available in nearly 60 variations to meet different truck users' needs for 2010, available in two- or 4-wheel drive, three cab styles (regular, Double Cab, and Crew Max), three bed lengths (short, standard, and long), three wheelbases, and three different engines. The 5.7L V8 offers an E85 flex-fuel option.

Each of the three beds is about 22 inches deep and shaped to accept 2x8-foot lumber dividers. The steel tailgate is designed to be opened and closed with just two fingers, and there's also an available Deck Rail system for more individualized cargo arrangements.