Alpine Alpine VPower MRP-T130 Amplifier

April 19, 2002

Review 1 of 2 , from Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Price Paid:  $79.00 from Circuit City

2001/MRP-T130

Strengths:
Hard hitting bass great power for the price.

Weaknesses:
I can only assume that it can''t reproduce high end very well due to the price.

Summary:
I have a pair of these each power a 12" Nakamichi sub in a band pass box, the signal comes through a Crossfire crossover, I dont use the cross over on the amp, I do hit the bass boost switch, and leave the gain flat. I must say, they kick really hard. If you stick your head in the truck the bass makes you dizzy. I get a lot of looks from the setup as I drive around town. I can still hear the subs real well even with the window down and a Harley right next to me.

Hawker

February 18, 2002

Review 2 of 2 , from Brisbane, Australia

Price Paid:  $200.00 from Gold Coast Car Sound

2001

Strengths:
Compact size, doesn''t really heat up, cheap and it''s Alpine - great quality.

Weaknesses:
Could have been a bit more powerful for the sub, but will be sweet for the 6X9s

Summary:
This was my first amp and a pretty good one at that. It obviously depends what you hook it up to. Initially I had it hooked up to a JLA 10 inch sub and had the amp bridged. It ran the sub pretty hard and I was quite impressed. I''m about to upgrade my system and use the 2 channels to power some 6X9s - I''ll update you then.