Clarion APA2103 Multi-Channel Amplifier

paul

August 28, 2003

Price Paid:  $0.00 from dont rember

2000 clarion apa2103

Strengths:
built to last

Weaknesses:
it blew on me after 4 years

Summary:
had it for over 4 years pushing one sub and i definetly got my moneys worth out of it

Ian

June 15, 2002

Review 2 of 2 , from Ontario, Canada

2000, APA2103

Strengths:
Strong little amplifier, doesn't clip, good for driving a single sub, excellent crossover plus bass extender feature.

Weaknesses:
I've not had any complaints with this little thing.

Summary:
Well, I bought my little clarion used actually (only because I didn't have the budget for a new one at the time). I bought the amp to drive a single 8" SAS Bazooka tube, but I'm currently considering using it to drive my front speakers, and get a second one to drive the rears. I beleive the amp delivers 50-75 watts RMS x2, or 150 watts RMS x1. The setting controls are easy to work with, and the crossovers are pretty nice too. I've had other asian built amps before, and I'd say that the APA 2103 has a better crossover slope than others in the same pricerange. The power output is smooth, distortion free, and forcefull. I can easily drive my single 8" Bazooka with this amp. My friends are surprised at how hard and deep of bass I can get out of my little tube with the Clarion running it. I know that these amps are inexpensive in the first place, and are a great buy for a starters system/factory upgrade. It's suited to drive a single sub, or a pair of front or rear speakers with ease.