Eclipse (Fujitsu Ten) 3322

JR

October 9, 2003

Price Paid:  $320.00 from Endless Possibilitie

2001 ECLIPSE 3322

Strengths:
Powerful output, and low ohm stable. Clean bass and dependable. Strong power supply through it's own self.

Weaknesses:
When revealed, people laughed at the size. It is small.

Summary:
This was the best amp I have ever had in my time of running systems. This little bad boy was pushing (4) JL AUDIO 12w0's @ 1.4 ohms. In competition I was hitting 146.5 dbs in a SOFT TOP Sidekick with more to go. I would also like to mention that I never had to run a capacitor. Odd it may seem, but I did not need one. I added one later for the amps protection. There are no complaints from me, and if I were to start another system, I'd pick up a couple again. Too bad I didn't kleep mine, because i am searching for one now for my brother's car.

brian

March 13, 2001

6 months to 1 year

Review 2 of 3 , from spokane

Strengths:
Solid, good-looking, eq properties, sub-sonic filter

Weaknesses:
signal gain/tracking is lacking, power is not what advertised, weak power supply, input stages, circuit layout

Summary:
First off I'm an electrical engineer so I'm familar with amp design/function. This is not one of the best built amps out there. An ok amp that is NOT to be used with an inefficent sub(s). I've had problems with the power supply and input stages. Likes to burn diodes if pushed to hard. I run one Rocford Fosgate Punch DVC in a sealed enclosure (requires massive ammounts of power to function properly) that is wire to create a 2ohm load for the amp. Circuit layout is inefficent and promotes heat/noise if not properly grounded. Grounding is the key to proper installs. If you can find an amp used for $100 - $200 buy it. Don't pay full price for this amp...it ain't worth it.

soundstream ref 500, punch 200

Tim O'Connor

February 23, 2000

1 to 3 years

Review 3 of 3 , from WI

1998

Strengths:
Build quality, durability, sound quality (not in order of importance)

Weaknesses:
Perhaps ever so slightly weak on transient response

Summary:
Let me be the first to praise this beautifully made and sounding unit from Eclipse. This is the first amplifier I have had in my car audio system that has NOT failed in any aspect of performance. The Soundstream Continuum and 705s that were previously in my system had failed electrically. However, sound quality of the Soundstream units was excellent, but I quite feel the Eclipse 3322 slightly surpasses the Soundstream units mentioned above. This could, however, be due to the custom passive crossovers I had built as an upgrade for my front component speakers.

The price/value component of this amplifier is not exceeded by any amp I have audtioned or used in my own system.

Highly recommended. And they don't need fans for ventilation either. I have mine "stacked" back to front in a custom box in my trunk.

Soundstream MC140, D100II, 405, Continuum, 705s