Kicker IX252

Mike Stockdale

December 24, 2009

Price Paid:  $20.00 from Ebay

2000 IX252

Strengths:
No way does this amp only make 60 watts bridged. I have it pushing a MTX 4000 12" woofer, and when turned up, it hits pretty hard. No distortion. It is in a Chevy Colorado, so the small cab probably helps, but there is no question that this amp easily pushes this sub. This could be a case of the final product being greater than the sum of its parts. The amp makes better power than its rated, and the subwoofer is extremely efficient. When you use a smaller amp like myself, cheaper subs are usually better. They tend to have a higher sensativity rating. More expesive subs arent usually as sensative, but if your throwing 500+ watts at it, and they can take that and more, it doesnt really matter. The amp seems to run cool, even after running it pretty hard for about 20 minutes. I have had a Kicker IX2302 amp in the past for two JL Audio W3's I was running, and have loved the impulse amp lineup ever since. Even though the ZR line was thought to be the higher end amps, the Impulse line gives you way more bang for your buck.

Weaknesses:
None. This amp does more than you would think. Kicker should have never discontinued the impulse amps, they were and still are great amps for the dollar.

Summary:
Great product at an even better price

MTX RT2200, Kicker ZR300, Kicker IX2302

Eggert

April 3, 2009

Strengths:
Incredible amount of power for a 30 watt amp. Bass and treble controls.

Weaknesses:
Can't find any.

Summary:
I purchased this amp second hand some years ago and recently built a portable ipod dock using JVC CS-FS5 5 1/4" splits, a 26 amp/hr sealed lead acid battery, and a nitro 3.5 amp electronic charger. It seems that this little amp produces a great deal more power than its modest 30watt/ch rating suggests. At high volume, bass reflex ports push out so much air that I can feel the breeze in my face 12 feet away. At this level, the sound is completely undistorted and highly detailed.It's efficient too, the battery lasts for ages, and when used plugged in, the charger keeps up easily.I have sony 50 watt/ch amp in my car, and I swapped it for the kicker for comparison, and it blew the sony into the weeds in every respect.This little amp is a classic, and should be re-introduced.

Vincent

October 27, 2007

Price Paid:  $50.00 from Pawn shop

Strengths:
Very powerful and the highs sound amazing. Love the bass and treble controls.

Weaknesses:
None that I know of. Best bang for the buck so far.

Summary:
I usually do not write reviews but I had to this time. I recently installed all new components in my 05 GTO. I powered them using a Sony ES XM-5046 amp. Not the X-plode crap, but old school Sony stuff. It just didn't sound right. I even took the car to an audio shop and they tried to blame the speakers of course trying to sell me there's. Anyway, I put the IX252 I had laying around the garage in the car to get a comparison and there is none. The kicker solved the problem. The highs are much clearer and more powerful, to the point it hurts! I don't know if it's due to the individual treble control or what but this amp shouldn't sound as good as the Sony but it sounds better. I can tell the Sony has more headroom but at the end of the day, I left the Kicker in the car. After I write this review I'm going on eBay to find a larger model. Over all I am more then pleased with this amp and would have to say, its more then a tad under rated as it almost keeps up with the Sony on power and it's rated for 50 watts a channel and is 1-ohm stable fused at 60 amps!

JL audio, MTX, Audio Art, Soundstream,

MikeG

January 16, 2006

Price Paid:  $34.00 from test

2003 test

Strengths:
test

Weaknesses:
test

Summary:
test

USERNAME123

January 13, 2006

Price Paid:  $100.00 from sound connection

2000 ix252

Strengths:
plenty of power for a small amp. sounds clean and clear, no distortion even with the gain turned up. stays cool when running mids and highs.

Weaknesses:
havent found any although i have an ix702 running my sub which heats up and clips. i havent tried running a sub with this one but it will probably do the same. i dont recommend this amp for a sub over 8". it is great for mids and highs of any brand.

Summary:
this is one good amp. seems like it puts out more that 25 per channel. the sound is clean and pure. i'm using it to run my mids and high. i have an ix702 running my sub. read that review.

other kicker stuff.