Orion XTREME 900

rob

June 3, 2011

Price Paid:  $0.00 from junk car

2001 xtr 900

Strengths:
hits hard with 2 10s and 2 12s broke back window

Weaknesses:
the pins fell out heats up when ran at 1 ohm

Summary:
dang good amp cant go wrong ive done so much with this amp kickers cant hold up old school orion

polk 10s and matts pro audio 12s

TERRY JOHNSTON

May 23, 2008

Price Paid:  $250.00 from Sterio Shop

2004 Orion Xtreme 9002

Strengths:
I enjoy the built in crossovers

Weaknesses:
Thought it was a good amp till it quit working

Summary:
(NEED HELP)(PLEASE READ)
I have a Orion Xtreme 9002 with a blown resistor and need your help to find the value,for replacement.it is located in the r41.Its blue with colour coated bands.If anyone can help please email me at mopar@sasktel.net
I will send you a pic for easy identification.Im located way north in Canada and to send it to Orion for repairs would cost close to a new amp.
I just dont want its life to end at this point.I think its worth saving.
Please help if you can. Tks...

I still like the Orion HCCA 225

Bob

December 7, 2003

Price Paid:  $300.00 from Internet

2000 Orion Xtreme 900

Strengths:
Very solid amp. Never gets hot. Easily puts out the rated power.....and the list goes on and on

Weaknesses:
Like others said the plug ins are a pretty tight fit but it's not a big deal. gives it a good secure connection. I'm not sure if it has a subsonic filter. High MSRP, but you can get it for 300 or cheaper on the net if you look around.

Summary:
This is a great amp. The best I've ever used. 900x1 @ 4 ohms and underrated. I've only had 1 problem with this amp in owning for nearly 2 years, and it was my fault. Orion fixed it for a small price and haven't had a problem with it since. Easily the best amp in its class, as most Orion amps are.

I can't think of a similar amp in it's class to even compare it to.

michael Stewart

October 6, 2003

Price Paid:  $325.00 from internet

2003 900.2 Orion Extream

Strengths:
None

Weaknesses:
Everything. High levels of distortion. The paint chips very easy. Hard to work. I put my sub on the 900 watt orion and on a 200watt alpine and the alpine made mysub sound 1,000 times better.

Summary:
Please do not get this amp. It is no good. I have had my amp 10 months and it has already broken unfixably. My friend got the 500.2 and it broke durig installation. They suck so dont get one. I'll NEVER buy anything Orion again.

FatRyan

July 14, 2003

Review 5 of 10 , from PA

Price Paid:  $280.00 from E-bay

1999/2000

Strengths:
It kicks ass!! Plus Orion is one of the, if not THE best company for amplifiers.

Weaknesses:
Some people say its a pain to get the power and ground wires into the connectors, but i didnt have any problems. It actually fit easily (with 4 gauge).

Summary:
I just got this amp brand new on E-bay. It kicks so much ass!!! Its so unbelieveably powerful. My headlights almost turn off every time it hits. Its pushin my 2 12 inch MTX Thunder 8000's like friggin crazy.

MTX 250x. I like MTX amps too, but the 250x doesnt even compare to an xtreme 900. Not even close.