Phoenix Gold XS2500

babydre

June 4, 2013

Price Paid:  $150.00 from a friend n ebay

1990 phoniex gold XS2500

Strengths:
Very loud n deep bass its holds up very well.

Weaknesses:
None

Summary:
Ive had m u first amp for 12 years n ive bust 8 15s on it so I had to hve another one n now I hve 4 on each ampn Iits slammin harder than ever.

None

bodaz

December 17, 2007

Strengths:
compact, solid, very easy to put anywhere in the car, desent power for sure

Weaknesses:
none!

Summary:
this has been a nice amp i have had a few amps in my time i also have a zx450 wich is also good but my xs2500 with alpine head setup and 1farad pg capacitor pumps my bocshman 750rms spl pro in submission! i havent had a bass line like that ever it sounds mean with a 3.5 cube home made super solid box has very tight looowwww bassss!! love it

only phoenix will sound a like phoenix

SliccRickDaSpic

November 26, 2005

Price Paid:  $365.00 from Performance Sound (U

1999 Phoenix Gold XS2500

Strengths:
Power,RMS,LPL,Design,Small Chassis. ALL OF IT!

Weaknesses:
Not 1.

Summary:
To all the people who say this amp is not a sub amp I say "what the heck ya'll smokin on because it's got you twisted." I have ran this amp to all sorts of subs (from 10's to 15's) I have blown a total of 4 subs with this BEAST! Including a JL-W6 15 and a PBX 15XSDv.2 (yeah that big 60 pound sum of a _ _ _ _ _.) This amp is capable of the 1000wRMS range if ran right! I had this amp pushing 2 15-inch JL W-6's for a majority of its span with me but it has ran Eclipse's,RF's,JL's,PowerBass's,MTX's, Power Acoustics, so its been tested quite a few times! It blew one of my JL's (15w-6) and I sent it in and got it back and still slammed it some more! My whole car has started looseing screws and has rattled all sorts of stuff loose! I LOVE THIS AMP AND RECOMMEND TO ALL WHETHER PUSHING SUBS OR SPEAKERS. I had another one of these amps so I had 2 for a 2 month span but the one I bought used for a 125 bucks had a few problems that had nothing to do with me or what I hooked it up to but a previous owner! The one I bought for 365 from a local car audio shop has never shut off or had 1 problem! (Except blowing SUBS) That is just my personal experience with a "Classic AMP" that I will always speak highly of! PG is tha @*%#! Dont sleep on this model! (Does get HOT but never shuts off) Must get a LPL to fully enjoy though.

PG ZX450

zanderdraxx

November 30, 2004

2000 xs2500

Strengths:
Hard hitting bass, low - none noise. haven't shut down due to heat or any other problems.

Weaknesses:
Are there any????

Summary:
Is there any better amps out there. Don't think so. This amp hits two 12" Tantrums like no other.

SaRgE

November 15, 2003

Price Paid:  $200.00 from friend

1997 xs2500

Strengths:
deep and clear bass

Weaknesses:
none!!

Summary:
My friend sold me his system, on XS2500, 2 XS124DVC sub in a sealed box and a 1 farad pg cap. This is the best sound system i had never have!! It makes really good and deep bass without distortion. Now they're in a sealed box but i project to make a big vented box to try if it sound better. If someone could help me for that, I need some technical note on the 12" sub or the XS sub series i don't find anything on these sub!!! if you got something add a comment to my review.