Phoenix Gold XS4300

Heath Howell

February 14, 2012

Price Paid:  $150.00 from E-Bay purchase

XS-4300

Strengths:
Great power
Phoenix Gold quality
Under rated
Solid construction
Sound quality

Weaknesses:
Mounting feet suck
Changing of crossover points

Summary:
This is a great amp. I ran a complete system from this amp in my Blazer for 2 years, until I sold the vehicle. The amp is going to be installed in my 84 Trans Am next. I ran a pair of JL Audio 10" W-0's, parallel off this amps rear channels, bridged (yes, even though it isn't SUPPOSED to be able to handle that!) and ran my front stage (Infinity Kappa series separates) from the front channels. Ran a pair of Pioneer 6X9 for the rear fill from the head unit. This amp never faltered! Even running two channels in bridged mode, running a lower load than what was recommended, it NEVER got hot enough to shut down, never sounded muddy, NEVER any problems of any kind. The only things I don't like about it are that the mounting feet are some "glass filled" plastic that broke, and changing crossover points requires you to buy resistors and add them to the factory plug ins on the bottom if you wish to change points. I ran this full range, using the headunits built in crossover and sound processing, so it really wasn't a huge deal to me. Like I mentioned, this thing is built extremely solid, can take abuse, and sounds great. The mounting feet suck, but you can still get replacements if you buy one with broken feet. If you happen across one of the XS series amps, they are a great amp, and probably one of the better amps from Phoenix's last days before they got sold. The newer stuff doesn't hold a candle to these amps and prior generation Phoenix Gold stuff.

Phoenix Gold MS
Phase Linear
US Amps
US Acoustics

Erik

July 5, 2001

Review 2 of 3 , from Jordan, MN USA

Strengths:
No alternator hiss. Excellent SQ.

Weaknesses:
2v inputs.

Summary:
This is a great amp. I have it powering a set of BA Rally components and nakamichi components and the sound quality is excellent. When I turn up the volume everything comes through crisp and clear. I have never had this amp cutout or produce annoying Alternator hiss. For a midrange amp I get all the quality and volume I need/want.

JBL GTQ400 - Phoenix Gold all the way

Richard Squires

March 28, 2001

Review 3 of 3 , from Hays, KS, USA

'95 Mustang

Summary:
This is an awsome and for running your mids and highs.. I have each of the four channels hooked up parallel to get 75w out of each channel. Thats 8 speakers and this thing screams. And thats with the gains up just a little bit!!

I now have a rockford 500a2 that I am going to replace with a zx600ti. You can pull more power out of the phoenix gold amps since they are 1 ohm stable while the rockford should not be ran lower than 4 ohm.