Soundstream Class A 10.2

More products from Soundstream >>
Class A 10.2 MSRP: $

The 1000 watt Class A 10.2 and the 500 watt Class A 5.2 are high output amplifiers built for the abusive SPL competition circuit and the over-achieving basshead.

michael

November 6, 2003

Price Paid:  $750.00 from local dealer

1998 zx2

Strengths:
it puts out so much power it is unbelieveable...this amp is defenitly worth the money

Weaknesses:
this amp gets very hot but thats about it

Summary:
the soundstream class A 10.2 is a really good amp...it is kinda expensive but worth the money overall

my first amp was a memphis st1000d amp..i blew it up 2 months after i got it..but i've tried to blow this one up and can't do it!

Sam

October 14, 2003

SoundStream 10.2 1000W RMS

Strengths:
Highly Recommended! Good Price! Love the Six Din connector used with the BLT, Very Clean Bass! Hawkins Bass Control is a Plus! Easy to use, reliable and Looks Nice!

Weaknesses:
Get's very hot! Nothing else.

Summary:
This amp is Unbelieveable! I'm running this amp at 2 Ohms to put out 500W RMS to my 18" Cerwin Stroker D4. Even though the Cerwin is capable of handeling much more power it already provides me with such Strong Deep Bass!!! This amp is also under rated, even though it states it's 1000W RMS at 1 Ohm I'm sure it's capable of putting out 1,200 to 1,500 W RMS easy. Unfortunately I'm unable to run this amp at it's full potential to my Cerwin since the sub is a D4 although it still hits very hard at 500W RMS! This amp does get Very Hot so the best thing to do is just setup a fan to dispate the heat and you will be fine. I would also recommend to run two 1 farad caps to supply this amp with enough consistant power.

Power Acoustic, Bazooka 1500. Havn't used although heard other people using Rockford, Kicker, Sony and a few other types and nothing Compares including the two other amps I've used!

Prodigy79

July 9, 2003

Price Paid:  $350.00 from eBay

Class A 10.2

Strengths:
Pretty much everything, the amp puts out a TON of juice for subs, yet it is easily clean enough to run mids and highs. Soundsteam placed generic specs on the 10.2 at "S/N >100db" and "THD <.1%", however the actual rated specs are S/N 112-115db, and around .02% THD.

Weaknesses:
The only kinda funky thing I could find was that during initial setup the built in crossover quirked a little and would only put out full range to the subs... however it seemed to correct itself and I haven't had any problems sice... I bought the amp used, so I don't know how it was treated prior.

Summary:
I have been in the novice competition circuit since I was 16 (around 8 years) and I have installed / heard many systems in that time frame (in my cars, friends cars, etc...). I personally am a huge Soundstream fan, ever since the days when I ran my Reference 700 and 404 amps, due to their outstanding musical quality and very underrated output. This amp is no exception. I am currently running a Soundstream Rubicon 604 on my mids and highs, and the Class A 10.2 is pushing two Soundstream SPL12, 12" subwoofers, in a 1 ohm load (I have 2 more that I could use to drop it down to a 1/2 ohm load, but I feel they are unnecessary in my current car). The amp is rated (underrated) at 1000 Watts to 1 mono channel at 1 ohm, however I am guestimating that the subs are realistically getting around 700-800 Watts each (haven't had the chance to test the actual output, however from experience with Soundstream and from the subwoofer response this seems about accurate). I am running the amps off of a Alpine CDA-9815 headunit, and the signal pushed through the system is clean and pure. I have heard that the amp gets pretty hot, so I am running a fan that draws air up the heatsink to ensure that it stays cool. I haven't had any problems yet, and I honestly don't anticipate having any. This is among the best amps I have ever dealt with, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants 1000+ (probably around 1500) watts of continuous, raw, clean power and has an electrical system and speakers that can take it.

A few older Hi Fonics, older Rockford Fosgate Punch 200.2 (not their new crap), Soundstream Reference 700sx, Soundstream Rubicon 702, a few Phoenix Gold, Adcom, many others... As stated in the review,

jeremy

March 20, 2003

Price Paid:  $450.00 from ebay

Strengths:
everything

Weaknesses:
amp does got really hot but that is expected with all amps.

Summary:
Absolutely a beautiful amp with tremedous power output. cleanest sounding amp i have ever heard. trying to locate some 170's and nobody will touch me in town. definately a must get (if found) if you want awesome sound and bass. i will never buy anything else but soundstream product.

decided to buy a cheap ass boss 1200 watt amp for the first time. blew it within 2 weeks. got the soundstream amp and saw what a real amp did. ended up taking the boss amp and pissing on it, and takin

Steve

August 11, 2001

1 to 3 years

Review 5 of 9 , from Ohio

Strengths:
Beautiful polished chrome chasis. Optional Bass control. Outstanding and neatly organized connectors. Very laid out circuit board! Great sound quality. Strong output exceeding minimal ratings. Ultimate cheater amp.

Weaknesses:
Reliability. Amp overheats fast. Heatsink gets hot enough to burn skin or upholstery. Constant problems with power transistors burning. Ineffecient. Difficult to coordinate with factory electrical system. Almost max out gain control to achieve satisfactory sound. Incosistent power output when showing off. Sometimes really loud and other times ordinary or clipping?

Summary:
Excellent amp with awesome cosmetics and superb connectors. Polished chrome heatsink with Soundstream engraved. Great sound quality. I powered 3 JL Audio 15W6's sealed in a 1 ohm configuration. Very dynamic and handled details and transients smoothly. Very clean sounding amp. Impressed everyone when viewed in the sunlight with 4 gauge ground and power cables connected. One of the nicest looking and best sounding amps I ever owned.

MMATS200HC chrome. Definitely outperforms the 10.0. Sound quality is not as good. MMATS always delivers BRUTAL power output regardless of weather or my electrical system.