Alpine CDA-7839

coolknights

April 8, 2004

Price Paid:  $95.00 from Ebay

1991 CDA-7839

Strengths:
The non-fading pre-outs The AM/FM Titling The CD Titling The BBE The Power when Hooked to my amp

Weaknesses:
None so far

Summary:
I got the deck after reading the reviews. I felt by what Iread it was a pretty nice deck. After I installed it, hooked it up to my 1,000watt amp and played my CD's that "bang" I felt this is worth way more than I paid for it. I love the radio station titling and the CD titling. The BBE pumps out some serious sound additive. I only had it up to 15 and that was crankin. This deck doesn't have all the fancy graphics but I will take the way it sounds over graphics any day !!!!!!!

JVC KD SX-940, JVC KD SX-870, Alpine CDE-7859

D-RMH RMH-D

June 29, 2003

Review 2 of 20 , from canada

Price Paid:  $200.00 from A&B

alpine CDA-7893

Strengths:
it plays MP3's

Weaknesses:
i am not sure

Summary:
i do not own this product but i thought i would write a review cause i can and cause i am going to get one. the one that i saw does play MP3's, this same unint in europe plays MP3's as well

some kind of premier deck

Mike Sapp

February 10, 2003

Review 3 of 20 , from Melbourne

Price Paid:  $347.00 from www.crutchfield.com

Alpine CDA-7893

Strengths:
WONDERFUL power output ABSOLUTLY beautiful color!(chrome and blue) EASY to install and operate EVERYTHING!!!!!

Weaknesses:
the ONLY weakness i can think of is that the fact that im dumb and cant find out to set it a LLIIITTTLEEE bit dimmer, and it iss a LITTTLE bit pricey, can be found for 260$ at www.savinglots.com... but even if you pay 350$ it is well worth it trust me!

Summary:
well there wasnt a post for the CDA-7893 but this thing is soo damm good i should put it on all. the thing gets extremely loud, i cant even turn it up past 22 wit the bass set on 2 because my cruddy stock speakers will distort sum, but not enough to prevent me from blasting out the cars next to me at stoplights. the 4volt preamp subwoofer output is great too! im about to hook up two new 15" 2003 model kicker compVRs to it via a JBL BP1200.1 amp in parrellel and i cant WAIT so see how hard this is gunna slam! when i have the media expander on it sounds like i have a few 10s in the back with jus these stock 6x9s! and also a good feature you can transfer the bass to play at mostly the rear or all around if you dont have subs! i would tell ANYBODY to buy this receiver, its even got a kool angle adjuster so if you like to ride wit yer elbow behind yer back like a thug(i do sumtimes) or is you jus want to lay back in case of drive-bys then you have perfect vision of this ALL the time!

pioneer DEH-P6400 and 3400. This alpine will do on a volume level 5 what those pioneers can do on volume level 20!

glenn

July 26, 2001

6 months to 1 year

Review 4 of 20 , from nashville,tn,usa

1998

Strengths:
BBE processing is nice,non fading pre-out,and the rotary knob is a blessing.Add Alpine reliability,and you have a winner.Remote is a nice touch,too.

Weaknesses:
Small display

Summary:
I bought this head unit on sale and dropped in my Bonneville SSE.Installation was a snap,and the receiver never once mistracked the whole year I had it.Ergonomics are first rate,even though some of the buttons are kinda small,it's the easiest to use I ever owned.You could compete with this unit and not be ashamed of it.

Compared to Pioneer,Pioneer Premier,a JVC El Kameleon,and a Kenwood,I liked this one the best.

Matthew

March 22, 2001

Review 5 of 20 , from Columbia Sc

Maxima

Strengths:
The BBE is a must on a headunit. The tuner is one the best I've found for that particular price range.

Weaknesses:
It doesn't like cdr. If I record them at 1x it might play them. I mean, when is Alpine going to make a headunit for that price range read all cdr. The display could be brighter.

Summary:
I simply love my Alpine. It may not be fancy or nething, but it sure beats everyone in sound quality. I would put it up against ne brand for sound quality. I think that is most important when buying a head unit.

JVC Eclipse