Alpine CDA-7845

CD Receiver

Grayson73

March 11, 2004

CDA-7845

Summary:
Overall, a decent head unit. Doesn't sound as good as the Eclipse CD5441.

Eclipse, Kenwood Excelon

Jason

February 15, 2001

6 months to 1 year

Review 2 of 4 , from Houston, TX

2000 CDA-7845 in 96 Z28

Strengths:
Features, 3 x 4v preouts, clean sound, useful bass boost feature (BBE), knob for volume, attractive

Weaknesses:
slow to switch songs/channels, no real big weaknesses that I've found

Summary:
I will only use Alpine or Eclipse for my decks, they are way clean, have good features and are quality pieces. For an everyday vehicle, Alpine quality can't be beat, for competition, I'd go Eclipse, but the reliability is not quite with Alpine IMO. The differences are small and you can't go wrong with either one in either situation.

Love this deck, is a great foundation of my system. It sounds sooo nice, the signal is flawless and the features (like BBE) do little to compromise SQ. Buy online, great value that way (5 stars) 3.5-4 if you pay retail. Quality overall (5 stars).

Eclipse, other Alpines

Andrew Zorrilla

July 6, 2000

Review 3 of 4 , from Northern Virginia

ALPINE 7845

Strengths:
Elegant finish, love the 3-preout, capability of turning off/on the subwoofer. RDS SUB FREQUENCY ADJUSTABILTY 60/70/80/100 HZ I like that.
disc titling, ease of fuctions, and almost impossible to make it skip

Weaknesses:
I have owned several ALPINE head units, this one just like my ALPINE 7844
which is exactly the same aside from the finish (BLACK) has very poor DUAL ILLUMINTION, half of the deck is green when on amber. I ended up changing the bulbs on the 7845 and on the 7844 you can hust change the rubber condoms that go over the bulbs. ALPINE if your selling a unit which retails
for $600. at least make it full functional when changing illumination. It doesn't match when put on an BMW or AUDI.

Summary:
Purchased this head unit for $400.00 but well worth the money. Look at
ECLIPSE's as well

HAVE tried PIONEER,CLARION,NAKAMICHI,the closest is an ECLIPSE the barely skips if ever just like an ALPINE

nick

June 2, 2000

1 to 3 years

Review 4 of 4 , from Canada

Strengths:
It has a very nice windsweep look to it, not complicated like kenwood or clarion decks. It almost never ever skips (thats very good seeings how my truck is off road 90% of the time). It even plays my most scratched cd's that you can see through in spots perfectly. It has two pre-outs with controls for each and features galore. My deck rocks!!

Weaknesses:
The deck power needs some help(I use the pre-outs to run a small amp for my mid ranges and tweeters, believe me it sounds wicked)and the display is hard to see on extream angles.

Summary:
I paid only about 200.00$ canadian (used) and it has yet to dissapoint me in any way. I would recomend it most to people concidering building a system. The decks are a little bit pricey but they last longer and have way less problems or need for "tune ups"! Apline knows what thier doing when it comes to decks!

KENWOOD - well even though the kenwood deck was way more expensive - it skiped and distorted (kenwood is good at that!). I wouldn't compare it to the alpine at all. try comparing apples and rotton oranges..