Alpine CDA 7873 CD Receiver

More products from Alpine >>
CDA 7873 CD Receiver MSRP: $ 350.00

- Multi CD Shuttle Control.
- 8x Oversampling.
- CD Text, CD Text Display, CD Text Scroll.
- CD-R Compatibility.
- 3 PreOuts.
- 4V Subwoofer PreOut.
- 60W x 4 V-Drive Amplifier.
- Anti-Theft Detachable Front Panel.

Bruce

September 19, 2009

Price Paid:  $230.00 from Audio/Video Store

2001 CDA-7873

Strengths:
Pre-amp outputs, eq controls, and high/low pass crossovers.

Weaknesses:
Recently, I have been unable to adjust the sub output, as if the button wasn't working. After 8yrs of use, things could be much worse.

Summary:
I have been using this unit for the past 8 years. I have really loved its robustness and quality sound. Overall, I am extremely happy with this hu.

Clarion, Pioneer

pma02at

August 1, 2005

Price Paid:  $200.00 from Halfords UK

2001 Alpine CDA 7873

Strengths:
-Power and no. of outputs. -Ease of use and installation. -Bright easy to read display

Weaknesses:
-Fairly average radio reception -I feel it looks a bit dated now but with everything it's got going for it that really isn't enough to make me want to swap it.

Summary:
Absolutely love this unit, only grief is with the radio reception but I have found that this is true of all Alpine heads. It pumps out a masive 4 volt pre-out for the sub which is more than enough to power my kicker solo baric 12 inch square combined with a jbl monoblock. Reads all my cd'rs and ive got my mobile hooked in too with a handy cut-sound feature. Loving the aux input aswell which handles my ipod easily, but can also do tv and games consoles! The unit even powers a couple of footwell neons for me! Overall, more than enough head than you'll ever need :)

Kenwood - cd's skipped :(

basshead

October 18, 2003

Price Paid:  $299.00 from circuit city

2001 7873

Strengths:
looks nice sounds great not to expensive

Weaknesses:
will skip if you have lots of bass

Summary:
This is a decent head unit to have for the normal person who wants a moderate system, looks nice sound great and retail is not to expensive....however if you have a serious system "like me" with alot of bass this unit will not be able to handle it and the songs will skip.

eclipse "better for subwoofers"

Tim Heil

October 3, 2003

Price Paid:  $0.00 from Sounds on Wheels

2002 alpine cda-7873

Strengths:
The built in bbe is awesome.

Weaknesses:
None I could find.

Summary:
This player has been the best unit I've ever used. Installed in a 95 honda accord with stock speakers and it sounded awesome. The functionality is amazing and the built in bbe processor (for those that know how to use it) transformed my audio and brought amazing warmth and clarity. I would recommend this unit to anyone looking for a good head. It has plenty of power, great features, and great sound with good tonal shaping ability.

jrwr7

May 22, 2003

Review 5 of 18 , from NY, NY

Price Paid:  $150.00 from Ebay (used)

2002

Strengths:
Sound qualinty and looks great.

Weaknesses:
I have not found any yet and I hope I never do.

Summary:
I've had this unit for only 1 week but I love it. It works wonders in my system. I've never heard the soundstaging and dynamics in a car that I'm hearing now. The rest of my system is: Alpine 11 band EQ Alpine F-340 4 ch amp Alpine 12 disc changer Diamond Audio M-361i 6.5" coax Diamond Audio M-391i 6x9" coax Kicker 8" 100W subwoofer box

Kenwood, Blaubunkt and Pioneer