Alpine CDA-7941

January 27, 2003

Review 1 of 10 , from marina del rey,ca,usa

Price Paid:  $130.00 from ebay

1978 vw bus

Strengths:
programmable text is fun,sound quality,rotary volume,looks nice

Weaknesses:
cdr's,3in cd's,so complicated i'm sure i'm missing half the features as i don't have the manual

Summary:
The most frustrating expensive head unit i have ever owned...it may sound great and have all these super features but its flexability lets it down for me..you need to book an appointment to play cdr's,it won't play 3in cd's either..call me picky but all my other cheaper(pioneer,sony)units have no trouble in these areas..

none

ratchethead

June 13, 2002

Review 2 of 10 , from Thousand Oaks,CA

Strengths:
Sounds GREAT,has some very nice features.4V preout.Nice bright display.

Weaknesses:
UNRELIABLE,predictable(it WILL stop working once it warms up)Alpine's repair dept. can't fix it or most other Alpine products.Alpine's customer service isn't all that great either.Too bad.

Summary:
Very expensive JUNK.If this unit was reliable it would be incredible,awesome even,but it doesn't work.If you have one of these don't drive it hard for long periods of time,it can't take it.

Over the last twenty years I have used 5 Alpine head units and 1 EQ. all high end stuff.I'm a fool!!! It has all broken.I've spent more in repairs than most people spend on a head unit.

o2onfire

November 4, 2001

Price Paid:  $325.00 from SoundWaves

Strengths:
Sound quality is unbeatable. I guarantee it. Sub control is awesome, so is the kill switch for the subs (keep your highs up but kill your subs when you see the cop ahead) Dual illumination Search for stations by name Did I mention unbeatable sound quality?

Weaknesses:
No CD text No high x-over Other Alpines have nicer displays. Too many damn features, I get confused, damnit im a retard

Summary:
Great head unit, definately the clearest I''ve ever heard (though some others have more features; but do you get it for the sound or the gadgets?). Running it with an Alpine F407 and an Alpine 1507, and I own.

I used a sony for a while, that was s$%!.

Eric

May 4, 2001

Review 4 of 10 , from Ontario, California

Strengths:
This unit has almost all the features that a good competition head unit would have. Some of the many features are: BBE, parimetric bass freq, 4 volt output, and 3 sets of RCA's(one being for the sub). The sound quality is awesome. Most of the controls are easy to use.

Weaknesses:
Without reading the users guide, it would be hard for a rookie to use all its features. Lack of highpass x-over.

Summary:
I have't had any problems with this unit. I received a great deal at the Good Guys (I normally do not buy car audio equipment from them). It was the last one they had because of the next years models coming in and it was the floor display. I paid $199. total for it...that's including a 2 year warranty and tax. I could't pass up that offer.

Sony(I won't be using Sony in the near future)

Matthew Niedermiller

January 2, 2001

1 to 3 years

Review 5 of 10 , from Colorado Springs, Colorado

cda/7941

Strengths:
Easy to use
Sound Quality
3 preouts

Weaknesses:
No Cd Text

Summary:
When I was down at The Sound Shop i went in looking at a high end Sony es deck. But, then a guy Mike went and showed me the difference and what a difference it was. Screw Sony go alpine all way. The sony was too difficult to use with all the buttons. With alpine you almost never need to touch anything.

Sony(I hate that stuff now)