Alpine CDA 7977 CD Receiver

More products from Alpine >>
CDA 7977 CD Receiver MSRP: $ 550.00

Along with its stylish looks and awesome technology, this 4V, 3 PreOut unit gives you total system and sound personalization. The Bass Engine Plus allows contouring to your own sound preference and tastes. This unit even offers Versatile Link which allows you to add an MP3 player, VCR, DVD or even Video Game sound to your system. The attractive blue LEDs and silver finish complement the high-tech look.

illchronic2k6

June 8, 2006

Price Paid:  $350.00 from tweeter

2001 alpine cda-7977

Strengths:
the number one strength that makes this hu stand out besides its the perfect hu, is that it has a high pre-amp voltage output.

Weaknesses:
it was a little before its time, "not IPOD friendly"

Summary:
Best hu i've ever owned and I've had from clarion to ads, and its the best, no extras, thats not needed, the perfect hu if your into compention

jl audio, eclipse and ads

indosia

April 9, 2006

Price Paid:  $480.00 from Good Guys

2002 Alpine CDA-7977

Strengths:
Looks, quality, sound, bbe, high/low pass crossovers, easy to use.

Weaknesses:
Nun

Summary:
This was pretty much top of the line back in 2001. I still have mine in my closet along with my old Soundstream Ref 500 from 1995. It's a good comp deck. I would highly recommend this to anyone with ears and seperate amplifiers.

Pioneer, kenwood

kat23

November 10, 2004

Price Paid:  $400.00 from online

2002 Alpine CDA 7977

Strengths:
Awesome crisp sound!!!!

Weaknesses:
yeah, its a little bright but you can push a button and the display will black out

Summary:
This is by far the best player I've ever heard. It picks up EVERY sound in the songs clearly. It is so crisp, and if you get a chance to buy one definately do it. I have Eclipse speakers, and the combination is amazing! Listening to bands like Tool or Sigur Ros, or anything else that has a lot going on musically in the song, takes me to another world it sounds so good! This thing NEVER gets hot, has so many options, and is beautiful. Dont get tempted by graphics and crap on the other players, its not worth it. SOUND is what you want, and this is the BEST!

Sony, Kenwood, Clarion...all crap compared to this

aguirrelino

July 7, 2004

Price Paid:  $135.00 from eBay....

2001 //Alpine 7977

Strengths:
xovers,features,looks,sound quality has 105 signal to noise ratio=Damn good...Remote control...Blue lights...

Weaknesses:
Hard to find,discontinued...thieves want it.The remote could have a longer range.

Summary:
Great CD player.Bought on ebay from a guy with no feedback in new condition just missing harness.My 9805 was stolen and this 7977 is better by far.No built in amp, which I like.The BBE makes a big difference.It has HP,LP xovers which come in handy.Everybody loves my CD player and wants one.This is a CD player you need for your kick but system.I don't care about mp3 stuff.I burn cds on my laptop and this plays them fine.If you find one for sale don't hesitate buy it.

Alpine 9805

czern1000

January 5, 2003

Review 5 of 8 , from VA

Price Paid:  $550.00 from Local dealer

2001/CDA-7977

Strengths:
It comes with a book, it has many features/controls, looks awesome(the blue matches my factory digital dash, very clear, XM ready, the list will go on and on........

Weaknesses:
From the dealer @ $550.00 new, could of got it cheaper but well worth the $$. I bit bright while driving at night.

Summary:
I just love the HU, so many features that I don't use but half of them. It is a bit bright during the night, oh well it keeps me awake at 4 in the mornin. Just recently I lost my right side(front, rear, and sub). Going to get it fixed, might just be a couple loose wires. If I need a new one, I would buy one just like this and maybe with speaker outputs from the HU. Dealer told me you either amp all or amp nothing. Better sound quality if you clear out all the crap you don't need in your HU(e.i. speaker outputs 45x4, 3CD changer, ect.) I'm going to keep this HU until I get a new vehicle, maybe a dodge durango.

NONE.