Kenwood KDC-X991

More products from Kenwood >>
KDC-X991 MSRP: $ 369.00

The KDC-X991 CD receiver uses a fully digital audio platform with SRS WOW HD™ processing to enhance the clarity, dynamic range, and acoustic presence of your music. In plain English, it makes your MP3, WMA, and AAC tunes sound full-bodied and as close to the original recordings as possible.

hungry_eye

August 18, 2008

Price Paid:  $567.00 from Advance Electronics

2008 Kenwood KDC - X991

Strengths:
it is an easy deck to use that provides an abundance of settings and adjustments. I like the ipod controls and how you can input the size and type of speakers you are using with your system. It made my stock speakers sound like aftermarket ones and my aftermarket speakers sound simply amazing. I really enjoy listening to this deck

Weaknesses:
My fear in Kenwood making unreliable products came true with this deck. After having the shop install it, the deck did not interface well with my ipod and completely froze. No radio, no CD, no ipod. THe deck stated "reading" and I returned it for another one. Although this deck performs much better than the previous one, it will still freeze while i access the ipod menu. I had to turn the deck off and restart it to rememdy this problem. I don't know how long this deck will last, but I doubt it will give me years of reliable service as i got from my pioneer DEH P960 MP. (4+ years before someone stole it)

Summary:
Deck has amazing features and great overall sound. I've never used a Kenwood product prior to this and had a stereotype Kenwood products were unreliable and prone to prepairs. This Kenwood deck sounds better than my previous Pioneer 960MP and has ipod compatability.