Pioneer DEH-3400

DEH-3400 MSRP: $ 139.99

Pioneer DEH-3400 CD Receiver

Sergiusz

August 5, 2005

Strengths:
easy to understand

Weaknesses:
you cant great audio system on this one, needs more options

Summary:
Great player for price!

Jeff Tweedy

August 27, 2003

Review 2 of 10 , from Kenmore, WA, USA

Price Paid:  $196.00 from Stereo Warehouse

2002 DEH-3400

Summary:
This head unit was very easy to understand, not too many features to get confused about, but just enough to keep u busy. The CD player was great, but mine fried, and pioneer won't warranty it because they claim it's customer abuse. I wired everything correctly, it all worked for a few days, then suddenly it started to smoke, and then the fuse popped. Pioneer isn't living up to their warranty.

Chris

July 24, 2003

Price Paid:  $140.00 from Circuit City

2002 Pioneer DEH 3400

Strengths:
Powerful (50Wx4) Backlit display makes it easy to see at night Removable faceplate Sounds incredible Great EQ Too many features to count It just looks good.

Weaknesses:
None that I know of. As for the faceplate problem, well I've never owned a car cd player w/detachable faceplate, but it's no problem to me. Perhaps everyone else here lacks coordination, or maybe I'm just special...

Summary:
Simply put, this is one of the best purchases for a cd player that you could possibly get. Its powerful, great looking, durable, and "hard-working" (when off roading at 30+ mph, cd's don't skip). This cd player is absolutely great, and a friend of mine apparently got this for $99. Most of the no-name brands run for that kind of cost, but here you're getting a well known and trusted brand - Pioneer. I've got mine hooked up to an Alpine T-130 amp (90Wx2) and it bottoms out my Pioneer 8" subs at less than half volume!

Barry

February 20, 2003

Price Paid:  $119.00 from Best Buy

DEH 3400

Strengths:
Power, lights up at night, ease of installation - very basic, ease of controls.

Weaknesses:
The anti theft face plate sucks! I thought I broke it the first time I took it off. Needless to say, it will be coming off only when I'm in the city.

Summary:
I bought this head deck to go into my Jeep. I am limited on space so I needed a deck that was inexpensive yet would push my speakers without distiotion. This unit is great! Love the remote control too. I have a Kenwood Exceleron in my Z-28 which I paid twice as much for (actually more than twice as much) and except for more bells and whistles on the Kenwood, the Pioneer actually outperforms the Kenwood head to head. I don't seen to have any heat sink problems (common in Kenwoods and Sony's) and it can take the rough riding of the jeep with limited skipping. Pioneer is the way to go for affordable quality.