Pioneer DEH-P7300

More products from Pioneer >>
DEH-P7300 MSRP: $

50 Watts x 4, Pioneer's legendary Supertuner III, and it's XM Ready. A flap face with an Organic EL display featuring a spectrum analyzer. 3 Hi-Volt RCA pre-outs for your monster amp, plus it's changer-ready. A hands-free cell phone input and cellular/navigation mute interface.......OK, that's what I thought: it's a Pioneer.

A183RT

August 3, 2003

Review 1 of 17 , from Corvallis, OR

Price Paid:  $250.00 from Local Store

2001 Pioneer DEH 9300

Strengths:
Cool Graphic, appearance. Easy to use. Detachable face (safe)

Weaknesses:
Not to much sound staging, dry sound. Once in a while, my cd is stuck inside but it usually can be pull out easily.

Summary:
I used this unit for about 8 months. The first time I used it, i liked it a lot. It's a very cool CD player with cool display and everything. But after use it for a while, I really need money so I sold this cd player. After that I bought another CD player, an Alpine CD player (CDA-7995). The display of my new CD player is not as cool as the Pioneer has. PLAIN!!! BUT the sound quality is much much more better than Pioneer produce. A very large range of soundstaging so I can hear a lot more of sound that I didn't hear using the Pioneer. For me, Alpine is the best CD player for the money. Of course there're a lot more expensive CD player with better sound like McIntosh, Nakamichi and Denon Z1(yeah sure!!). But in terms of quality and how it looks, Alpine is the BEST!! Bottom line, it depends on you, in my opinion, if you want appearance more than the sounds, go with Pioneer. But if you want more sound quality, go with Alpine!! Iklan abiiiss!!!!!!!!

Sony, Kenwood.

bsmustang2002

May 28, 2003

Review 2 of 17 , from Greensboro

Price Paid:  $195.00 from sound solutions

2001

Strengths:
One word.... OPTIONS! this unit has a load of options that never end. When i first got the unit it took me a good 30 min. to and hour to check everything out. It pushes my front 5x7 Infinty's and my rear 5x7 Infinity's. As well as my two Kicker Comps. "12 subs. This unit has it all

Weaknesses:
Not much too list here, i must agree getting the sound "just right" is a little difficult, but once you figure it all out you'll get what you want and more.

Summary:
Very nice unit, have had it for about a year and a half and its still pumping out sound. This unit has been by far the best pioneer has came out with for the money. Pound for pound this unit will crush others at this price.

Panisonic, Rockford, Boston, Sony X-Plod

llamalegion

July 23, 2002

Price Paid:  $250.00 from cameraclub.com

2000

Strengths:
Lots of options and the display makes it very simple to tweek with the EQ. Cellular mute could be very handy if you have a phone that is compatible (mine isn't). Screen savers impressive to people that haven't seen them before.

Weaknesses:
sound quality is not what I expected. No warmth or depth to the sound and lots of tweeking required to even get a decent sound.

Summary:
I have to admit that I bought this because of it's flashy screen savers and because I figured if a head unit had tons of options it must be good, but now I'm beginning to think that I made a mistake. All the options are nice, but the problem for me is the sound quality. There are many EQ options but it's tough to get the right sound. No matter what it's either too much or not enough. I've seen a couple other reviewers mention this as well) When I listen to the sound of my friends cars they all seem to have a dynamic full punchy sound with crappy speakers and decks but I can't get that sound. At first I thought it was the speakers I was using (5 1/4" Boston Acoustics CX5 in the front) so today I had some Rockford Fosgate FNP-2614 6 1/2" components installed and although the components are better, I still can't get that sound that everyone else seems to have even with just their stock speakers. I've spent hours tweeking with the EQ and the "right sound" doesn't exist. I have 6 1/2" Infinty Kappa 62.3 in the rear and a JL Audio 12W0 sub powered by a a crappy Visonik 300 watt amp. please e-mail me with any advice or recommendations for better head units -- llamalegion@yahoo.com

themaha

June 1, 2002

Review 4 of 17 , from Queens, NY

2001

Strengths:
Great quality, excellent sound - 3 sets of 4v preamps help a lot. FIE is nice if used correctly to improve soundstage.

Weaknesses:
After 2 months CD mechanism failed on error 12 - took it in with its 2 year Premier warranty - got it fixed - after another 2 weeks, CD mech went again. One more time and I upgrade to an Eclipse. Lots of glare at some angles. Slower reading burnt CDRs when it works.

Summary:
I've been through a lot of units but after I started getting serious about car audio, I wanted the best possible deck for the money. Anyway, after a few months I decided on the Pioneer DEH-P730 - same as the 7300 except different screensavers and the steering wheel remote I believe. Beautiful deck except... read the weaknesses.

Sony, Older Pioneer HUs, Aiwa, Blaupunkt

POOCH

May 14, 2002

Review 5 of 17 , from Baton Rouge

Price Paid:  $262.00 from Ebay

2001 DEH-P7300

Strengths:
Great sound tweaking options, sound quality, easy to view clearly from all angles, screen savers, background effects, two way cross-over with non-fading sub out put. The automatic sound levelizer, too many features to list, just get it and find out.

Weaknesses:
The remote is small, but you also to don''t want it too big. It is convient, so no big complaint, I just don''t know where it is in my car anymore. My fault!

Summary:
I did alot of research too, and this CD player was the best value I found. Pioneer''s OEL display smokes competitors, and leaves them in the dust trying to catch up. With the function to price ratio, Pioneer can not be beaten. I truly recommend this CD player for your car, unless you have enough money to buy it''s bigger brothers: the DEH-P9300, P8400, P9400.

Pioneer DEH-P7200, not as many features as the p7300. It''s just a medium step up.