MTX Audio RTX03A

More products from MTX Audio >>
RTX03A MSRP: $

Frequency multipliers for true 3-way system design. Variable crossover frequencies from 30Hz - 20kHz.Center channel output/Bandpass Crossover options. Variable bass enhancement circuit (0 to 12dB at 45Hz)

bumpin

December 24, 2007

1994 RTX03

Strengths:
True 3-way operation - can be used for sub, mid, tweet. Center and differential rear fill outputs.

Weaknesses:
Lacks features of modern crossovers but was a really good unit in its day. Screws for the power/ground/remote connector stripped out, some channels died after a few years.

Summary:
This was the 2nd active crossover I owned. I had it for about 8 years before a couple of the outputs died. It worked out very well for me. It doesn't have a remote bass knob or subsonic filter, but we are taking 1994 here. This unit had a couple unique features: a center channel (summed) output and a differential output (right channel is subtracted from the left). I used the differential output for rear fill, with great results.

Audio Control 24xs

Stevie Jamin

July 3, 2001

1 to 3 years

Review 2 of 5 , from Silver Spring, MD. USA

Strengths:
Looks, ease of use.

Weaknesses:
Could use another pair of inputs, higher preout outputs.

Summary:
A basic crossover that works well when you don't have one. Easy to use and install, and doesen't look bad. I noticed a slight drop in sound quality when used with my top end Eclipse CD player, then when I didn't use it. Wished it came with 3 preamp inputs rather than 2, and an external bass control. I'm currently using mine only as a subwoofer crossover, which defeats the purpose of having a 3-way crossover.

None. First crossover bought

dave daignault

December 26, 2000

6 months to 1 year

Review 3 of 5 , from swansea ma

Strengths:
not much, I like vr's in general, so playing with all the knobs was fun, I could tune a system with it, and have,mine and others using this piece, but I have used other produtcs I liked much better

Weaknesses:
its a rough piece,its functional, still way better then nothing, but.....

Summary:
I was in a hurry to get a x and bought one, I should have waited...and gotten a Coustic XM3e or 5e, which I have owned, and was much better then the mtx, no comparison, better yet Audio Control, which I now have

Coustic (coustics x's are very underrated, by the way, should get a lot more press), audio control

Michael

July 26, 2000

1 to 3 years

Review 4 of 5 , from St. Louis

Strengths:
Very easy to use.

Weaknesses:
Could have a little better sound quality.

Summary:
I added this crossover shortly after the installation of my amps. For $119 that I paid I am happy with the product. At high volume levels there is a noticable hiss from the crossover. But all in all this is an easy to use product and worth the $119 I paid.

None

alfie

July 24, 2000

Review 5 of 5 , from new egypt nj usa

Strengths:
ver good sound quality-channel seperation-very clean

Weaknesses:
only 2 imputs with 3 outputs i wanted to control my subs from both my eq and my crossover

Summary:
i paid 130 for it new i think it was well worth it.

None