AMERICAN PRO VS-1471

joehen

September 23, 2005

Price Paid:  $29.00 from eBay

2005 v.s.1471

Strengths:
I love the features this thing has. The master volume knob, the sub control, crossover control, of course the 7 band eq, fader control, and the colorful display.

Weaknesses:
If it doesn't work, all those features are useless. I guess you get what you pay for. They need to charge more money and build them to last longer.

Summary:
This is only 1 of 2 equalizers I've found that have a master volume knob and sub level controls. That's why I had stumbled across it. I wish more eq's would have those 2 features side by side. My sound system isn't anything special, I have a cheap amp (50w x 4) for the 4 speakers and the V.S.1471 was wired into the high level inputs on it. The eq has a built in "50W" amp which I don't know if that means max total or what, so I didn't even bother to try hooking it straight up to my speakers. I also liked the sub level and crossover controls right at my fingertips. It has a switch that lets you choose between a blue or pink illumination. It had a colorful display to it, between the illumination, and the input meter. I really liked it when it worked. It worked for about 2 weeks, then both right channels went out on it, and 2/3 of the illumination lights went out shortly after. Since it doesn't work, all the features are useless, and I've wasted the money I spent on it.

I haven't used it, but the Clarion EQS744 has all of the features I liked in the V.S.1471, except for the colorful display, and it doesn't have the built in amp, so I'll have to change the wiring to my amp to RCA patch cords.