Pioneer EQ-6500

More products from Pioneer >>
EQ-6500 MSRP: $ 265.00

9-Band Parametric/Graphic Equalizer with Crossover and Subwoofer Output.

Nathan

December 14, 2000

6 months to 1 year

Review 1 of 4 , from GA

Strengths:
- Three outputs(front, rear, subwoofer)
- Dual illumination(green, amber)
- Subwoofer control(on/off switch, +/- 10dB gain)
- Variable subwoofer crossover
- Phase switch
- Eight graphic bands(+/- 12dB)
- One Parametric band to dial in frequency for Subwoofer(40-80Hz)
- Front/Rear Fader

Weaknesses:
- Higher output voltage: 4V outputs would be a nice addition.

Summary:
I would recommend this unit to anyone looking for a low cost EQ. Although it has low voltage output, the three sets of outputs, 9 bands, crossover, and sub control are well worth the money for this unit.

None

Pierce

August 3, 2000

Review 2 of 4 , from Pittsburgh, PA

Strengths:
I am very impressed with the all the settings it has and what you can do with it. I like the seperate sub controls and the two color illum. Also, it does not produce any noises or static when adjusting the controls like other brands. Very professional.

Weaknesses:
Maybe for the small controls, which really does not bother me much.

Summary:
I paid $99 and well worth it too. It was an open box at Circuit City. I would recommend this to any one who needs to feel they are in control of all aspects of his car stereo. Plus, comes really handy when adjusting the annoying highs in MP3 burned CDs, those that have been above 128 bit. The main reason I got it was because I needed to fill the extra space of the Din 1/2 in my Pontiac. I hate and did not want a DIN sticking out butt ugly out of a DIN 1/2 opening. But now I love what it sounds like and appreciate its presence.

Sony - not as many settings

Gene

July 1, 2000

1 to 3 years

Review 3 of 4 , from Eastlake, OH, USA

Strengths:
Great EQ. This really makes setting up a multiple amp system easy and very customizable. I love the one set of inputs with three set of outputs with the individual sub out and controls for it. The small size makes it easy to install anywhere in a car.

Weaknesses:
I don't like the size of the buttons. They are very small making fine adjustments difficult at times.

Summary:
I love it. If you're the type of person that likes full control, then an EQ is for you. I got mine for 90 at best buy as an open item deal, but I've seen them for around 130 or so.

Compared to a EQs built into headunits, there is no comparison. The options you get from an add on EQ are well worth the money and time to put it in.

Havier

April 25, 2000

6 months to 1 year

Review 4 of 4 , from Phila, PA

Strengths:
Great EQ!!!When it's turned on, you will know it's turned on. I hooked it up to my subwoofer, and it boosted up the power. Nice frequency change. Dual color illumination: amber and green.

Weaknesses:
Only 2 sets of outputs and 2 set inputs which means if you have a subwoofer, you will probably want to hook that up into the EQ also. So you have to sacrafice something. I hooked it up to my front speakers and my subwoofer, leaving the rear speakers out of the EQ. Other than that, it's great.

Summary:
It's a great EQ. I bought mines for $79 used. It will run around $150-$180 new. I would recommend it for the price. But having only 2 sets of outputs bothers me because most car stereo systems now needs 3 outputs: for front, rear, and subwoofers. Well that's me.

None