BEL 950

More products from BEL >>
950 MSRP: $ 370.00

The 950 features the industry’s first digital PLL synthesized oscillator, the patent-pending technology that delivers the ultimate in frequency accuracy and performance under all operating conditions.

Jeff

January 20, 2004

Price Paid:  $140.00 from Ebay!

1998 BEL 950

Strengths:
-Good design -Works well on all bands -I would recommend this to detector to anyone

Weaknesses:
-Occasional false alerts -BEL says you can get it upgraded to new technology. I was hopeing that it was something you could just flash using a computer but I guess you have to send it into BEL. Oh well still a good idea though.

Summary:
Well I was in the market for a radar detectors and I really wanted something that would do the job well. Not a cheap piece of junk. From what I can see the only detectors that are better than this one is the Escort Passport and the Valintine one. Then again these are almost double in price. If you have the money go for them. I personally dont have $400 to spend for a detector. This one does the job and does it very well. I have noticed that I do get some false alerts but I would rather have a detector that picks up more than nothing!

Corba Valintine One (excellent detector if you have the money)

ben dover

June 26, 2003

Review 2 of 10 , from china

Price Paid:  $199.00 from circuit city

2001

Strengths:
long distance detection affordable

Weaknesses:
false wanings

Summary:
this is the best radar detector i have ever had. i have had 3 before this one and so far none beats this one. the only thing that i have realized is the amount of false warnings is tremendous, i rather have false warnings than no warning at all.

whistler

Jiri Chlup

October 12, 2002

Review 3 of 10 , from Ontario-Canada

Price Paid:  $400.00 from Czech republic

2000

Weaknesses:
Detectable !!

Summary:
This radar detector is detectable by new technology.It could be pin pointed on exact car that is carriing this unit. It is in Ontario -Canada

warnerwh

September 2, 2002

Review 4 of 10 , from Portland, OR

2001

Strengths:
Excellent sensitivity

Weaknesses:
Falses on Ka from other detectors. Just learn to let two lights light up and you know it's john law.

Summary:
This detector kicks butt. I've owned others and none others have reached out like this. Overall the falsing is pretty good compared to others I've had.

Whistler, Cobra

Matt455

January 8, 2002

Review 5 of 10 , from Illinois

Price Paid:  $200.00 from K''s Merchandise

2001 bel 950

Strengths:
Awesome detection range. Real loud alert you can easily hear it over the radio. Awesome display compared to the cheap looking one on the 8500 better alert tones too. Nice windsheild mount idea.

Weaknesses:
The Ka falsing from other cars detectors killed an otherwise superior detector.

Summary:
Bought this particular unit about a week ago took it back. Really is an awesome looking detector great alert distances too. Then I found the fault Ka falses all the damn time every other detector sets it off always scaring me on the brake way too often. I mean I can take a couple but man I usually drive 2 lane secluded highways all over Illinois I bet the first day I got 10 false Ka band alerts from other detectors in just the first 5 hours of driving with it. And this is rural area nothing but corn fields for miles just other detectors drive it crazy and I dont mean a little beep either goes full band all a sudden scares the hell outta ya. So I took it back put another hundred with it (sigh) to buy the big ugly 8500 havent really got to check that one out much yet but doesnt false at all compared to this one so I hope its a keeper. Really depressed me I really liked the bel better and its a good price too.

Cobra esd6000 (junk) Bel 950 passport 8500