BEL LaserPro 904

gottamax

November 4, 2004

Price Paid:  $225.00 from Car Domain

2004 Ford Focus

Strengths:
Works as stated

Weaknesses:
Difficult to install

Summary:
I purchased the LP904 and a passport 8500 at about the same time. As far as laser jamming goes, I am very happy! Since I bought the LP904 I have gotten 4 laser hits. I was going in excess of 15MPH over the speed limit everytime, and have never been ticketed! In fact, one time I was getting lasered, I didn't hit the "disable" button for several seconds. The entire time the LP904 was active the cop had his cash register on me. As soon as I hit the "disable" button his laser stopped. Which tells me that the LP was working as stated. It has paid for itself 3 times over. A great investment!

none

R Joshnson

December 9, 2003

Price Paid:  $350.00 from Circuit City

2002 Beltronics Laserpro 904

Strengths:
When it works..it works!

Weaknesses:
Poor design of sensor/transmitter modules for waterproofing!!

Summary:
The Laserpro 904 had a design fault in their front laser sensors (they leaked water after about a year). Even tho it was a design fault by them, they are reluctant to replace units that survived past the one year warranty period. (NOT a good trait for a company you are about to spend nearly $400 with!!! Replacement sensors are $70!!!)

aaron dapel

June 12, 2003

Review 3 of 3 , from longview WA

Price Paid:  $250.00 from aaxes

Bel 904 laser pro

Strengths:
Very Sensitive. Only real defence against laser. legal in most states. Loud.

Weaknesses:
bulky installation. annoying on start-up sequence. no auto-disable.

Summary:
I've had this jammer for a few months now. I'm am still pretty cautious as I really don't want to find out that this doesn't work the hard way. I have a cobra radar detector running at the same time that has laser detection. Of the last five hits from laser, the cobra got 1, the Bel jammer got all five. I usually see the cops before they tag me since I know the road, and the detector lets you know with a load warning. I can't be 100% sure whether they were jammed or not, but was impressed when I got a suprise hit from behind in a spot I had never seen a cop before. I was definately speeding, the divice detected and indicated it was jamming the signal. He stayed put so I can only assumed it saved me. Very sensitive, no false alerts. If I get caught I'll write back and gripe. only downsides are cumbersome mounting, I got wires everywhere. Also pretty obvious if a cop were to pull me over. Device does not auto-disable so you need to remember to push the button once your under-speed to avoid raising suspicion. Good product...so far.

Cobra laser/radar detector.