Beltronics Vector 940

More products from Beltronics >>
Vector 940 MSRP: $ 169.95

VG-2 detection shields the unit when other radar detecting devices are nearby. The digital text display lets you know when a signal is being detected, or you can use the digital voice alerts to stay informed without taking your eyes off the road.

maddog

April 15, 2009

2008 belltronics 940

Summary:
I bought this unit thinking it was cause of the reviews. I was so wrong.
If you want to know when all the doors open and close at safeway then buy it..works great. If on the other hand your driving down the freeway doing the speed limit and your looking at that patrol car with the officer inside looking directly at you holding his radar gun at you and your waiting for your brand new radar toy to go off...well better not but it then. So upset that it didnt work..its like the king that has no clothes.

BlackIce136

May 22, 2007

Price Paid:  $189.00 from Circuit City

2003 940

Strengths:
Im not experienced enough to compare

Weaknesses:
I got a friggin ticket

Summary:
I got hit doing 75 in a 55. After lawyers work and a deal for faulty equipment it all cost me 325.00. I guess the Trooper had a pulse or whatever. I dont know much about bands or lasers and all that stuff. I just know that I didn't get the slow beep that gradually increases. I got a sudden all bars, and the voice said something, and little orange monkies. . .well no monkies, but it just came outta no where. Thing is the cop accused me of intentionally breaking the law. When he saw my 940 he said quote "you got that RADAR detector so you think you can roll like that huh?" He was such a smart ass. He only eased up a little when showed himm my military ID. But I still got the ticket.

This is my first

boylez

November 29, 2004

Price Paid:  $140.00 from Ebay

2003 Bel Vector 940

Strengths:
Incredible range, loud enough to hear over my cranked audio system

Weaknesses:
only thing i would have liked was the ability to tell where bands are coming from (like Valentine One's arrow) but for the price i paid, it's AWESOME!

Summary:
This detector is the BEST combination of price and performance, in my opinion. I did a lot of research before I chose this model, and in all the tests it performed as well as the top models. Overall, it has probably saved me from 5-6 tickets in about a year.

real old Bel model, old Escort

philmarie

April 2, 2004

Price Paid:  $179.00 from Circuit City

2003 Bel Vector 940

Strengths:
Very high level of performance for the dollar spent. Great build quality (so far).

Weaknesses:
Doesn't come with a straight cord, and the coiled cord isn't all that long.

Summary:
First impression right out of the box: wow-this thing is heavy! Of course weight doesn't mean quality, but the external build quality and weight of the 940 makes my two Cobra detectors seem like toys. Since I've had this detector, my impression is that I am detecting Ka at noticeably greater ranges as compared to the Cobras. Also, it only took a few days of use to notice that the 940 falses a lot less too. Overall, the 940 is a much better detector than the Cobra 1010, itself a detector that has a similar list price. I like the ease of use of the 940, but one thing I don't like is that the voice warning for the band being detected is at a constant volume, which is somewhat low. I think the voice warning sound level should be able to be adjusted up and down in keeping with the sound level of the beeping. At least the sound level of the beeping has great adjustment. One thing that I found interesting is that you can mount the 940 upside-down, and than adjust the display to also read upside-down. I strongly recommend that anyone who wants to purchase a detector in the sub-$200 range consider Bel first, and to stay away from Cobras of any price. In the sub-$100 area, look at the Bel 910. In the low-$100's, look at the Bel 930. If you can afford more than $200, then you also have the Escort models to choose from, which have always had great test results. In fact, if you don't want to spend the $300 it takes to buy an Escort Passport 8500, then just stick with Bel....

Two different Cobras and an old Cincinatti Microwave a long time ago...

Cody

January 9, 2004

Price Paid:  $189.00 from Circuit City

2002 BEL Vector 940

Strengths:
Excellent long range coverage. Especially for the inexperienced or lazy cops that drive with their radar on constant. But this unit has very good overhill sensitivity to. It has forewarned me numerous times. Go read the reviews at speedzones.com to see how the Vector stacks up against the much more expensive competition.

Weaknesses:
Falses a little but not frequently. If running in city-x mode it never falses.

Summary:
I tok a long time purchasing a detector. Studied all the tests, especially at speedzones.com. I finaly settled on the BEL Vector because it has the best performance at the lowest price. I drive between 80,000 and 100,000 miles annually. Usually I set my interstate cruise control at 90 mph. I have yet to receive a speeding ticket using the Vector. I can not beging to tell you how many tickets it has saved me in the past two years (about 12-15). It even saved my a$$ last week in New Mexico on I-40. Laser encounter with a State Trooper. 3 cars infront of me at 1/4...1/2 and 3/4 miles. I popped over a hill and my lazer went off. First time ever for me to see lazer. He must have shot the truck a bout 3/4 miles ahead of me because that's how far away he was when I got a visual on him. I was shocked that my Vector picked up laser at that distance. The Vector ROCKS! Of course you can't drive with utter disregard. No Detector is fool proof. And if you drive like a fool you will get zapped. Use your head when driving fast. Always keep your eyes open. I have saved my self 3-4 tickets because I saw the cop BEFORE my detector sounded when he was using "pulse" mode.

BEL, PNI, Radio Shack (what a joke)