Boston Acoustics RC620

More products from Boston Acoustics >>
RC620 MSRP: $ 299.95

This 6-inch killer component system puts out enough tight, clean sound to make your best friends jaw drop a full twelve inches. It includes dual 6-inch woofers, system-specific crossovers and two Neo 3r Kortec tweeters with 3-way mounting kits. Boston Rally woofers also feature moisture and temperature-oblivious copolymer cones and butyl rubber surrounds, as well as a reinforced steel basket, which resists warping sometimes caused by road jarring or over-zealous installers. At the top of the sonic range, our dual Neo 3r tweeters, each with three optional mounting kits are small enough to install wherever its most sonically advantageous; dashboards, door pillars, mirror panels, you name it. Finally, the RC620 features dual system-specific crossovers designed to take full advantage of the systems driver complement.

william kuo

November 25, 2003

Price Paid:  $283.00 from the good guys

2000 rc620

Strengths:
every thing

Weaknesses:
none

Summary:
these are great really clean. not much mid bass but its not needed if you have a sub i have a phoenix gold amp running it i bought the 3 yr repair on it i thought they will blow by then because of my past speakers(nakamichi focal and etc) i mess alot of speakers up there is a lil wear after 3 yrs but still going strong. the focal had alot of mid bass but it was fragile

sgsxr

May 2, 2003

Review 2 of 8 , from Toronto, Ont, Canada

Price Paid:  $200.00 from Natural Sound

RC620

Strengths:
- crisp - clean - goes down smooth with no after taste :)

Weaknesses:
- None that I have found

Summary:
I have never run good quality components before. I previously had two sets of Infinity Reference Components and the Boston RC620's make the Infinities sound like the speakers on my grandma's record player. Everything is so clean and crisp it is amazing. It truely does bring music to a whole other level. Nothing but comments from friends about how amazing they sound. A little story about the $200.00CDN - a guy bought them 3 months ago - bought a new vehicle and they didn't fit anymore. Talk about a lucky score on my part.

Gary

April 18, 2003

Price Paid:  $279.00 from Safe N Sound, Chicop

2000 VW Jetta GLX

Strengths:
Superlative tweeter and astoundingly accurate mid-range. Adjustable tweeter levels in the crossover to tweak the tweeter's output to your own taste. Soft dome tweeter to reproduce clear, crisp highs without the shrill sound of most metallic tweeters.

Weaknesses:
There are none...I tried to find them, honest.

Summary:
Before these speakers I had a pair of ADS AL-6 separates for about the last 6 years. Those speakers were as good as any speaker I have ever purchased but they have now been surpassed by the Boston Acoustics RC-620's. I have tried to find any weakness in these speakers and just can't do it. The tweeters are magnificent. Many car speakers have a tendency to be overly bright and shrill...not these babies. But don't be misled, these speakers reproduce crips, clear and clean high frequencies. They also shine in an area that is lacking in a majority of car speakers...the mid-range driver. These speakers re-create the mid-range frequencies in a way that will make you sit up and take notice. Human vocals are reproduced accurately without a hint of chestiness or coloration. Listening to Jackson Browne's "Saturate Before Using" which was recorded in the early 70's showed me just how true these speakers are to the male vocal range. Astounding is the only word that comes to mind. Again, don't be misled, these speakers can also headbang with the best as I discovered when listening to Linkin Park's latest release "Meteora". I have yet to listen to my entire genre of music but I have no doubt these speakers will shine no matter what the source may be. These speakers are probably the equal of most speakers selling for twice the price. At under 300.00/pair I doubt there is much on the market that can touch them. If you are looking for high end sound for a more than reasonable price, look no furthur than the Boston Acoustics RC-620.

ADS AL-6, Boston Acoustics 751

bayman2003

April 5, 2003

Review 4 of 8 , from Newfoundland, Canada

Price Paid:  $499.00 from Atlantic Car Stereo

2002 Boston Acoutics RC-620

Strengths:
- Fit in the stock speaker and tweeter spaces. - Excellent sound quality at a price I can live with over the life of the car.

Weaknesses:
Probably need a little more power than a head unit can provide and the reason I bought the amp.

Summary:
Have these components installed in a new 2003 Miata powered by an Alpine's 7893 head unit (4 X 60W peak - 4 X 27W continuous). I read many reviews about low sound levels and lack of bass in the Miata stock system, but the rally components address both issues perfectly. The highs are crisp and the bass is just what I want... I'm not interested in the boom boom punkish bass you hear rattling your house late at night, but I still like the levels being put out. There's not too much space to fill in the Miata's cabin so there's really no need for additional speakers. I've just purchased an Alpine 50W X 2 amp and this should increase the RC620's sound quality just that little bit higher.

eugeneRS

February 1, 2003

Review 5 of 8 , from Eugene, OR, USA

Price Paid:  $300.00 from Custom Audio

2002 Boston Acoustic RC620

Strengths:
The midrange power of the speakers is great. I am able to play a large range of musical types at quite high volumes and still without distortion as my MTX 6000's did so easily. I love the tweeters on these speakers and finally am happy to find a tweeter that is not so razor sharp that i lose definition from my mids.

Weaknesses:
The loundess of the speakers could use a boost but that is most likely from starving them with my current amp

Summary:
I was extremely impressed with the sound quality of these speakers. I decided to locate the speakers in the kick panels of my Subaru 2.5RS. The sound quality was wonderful and it enhanced the imaging to sound near center. I am extremely impressed with how much power these speakers can take and I know I am far from feeding them the true power that they do need. The tweeters are bright but not to the point where it will overpower the rest of the system. The midrange bass is absolutely incredible and nothing short of magnificent for the money. For the money i have chosen the rally series of the pro series. I was impressed with the rally series but am considering the upgrade to the Z series of Boston Acoustics!

MTX 6000's, Diamond Audio M5's, Kicker Impulse seperates