Cerwin Vega HED 162

More products from Cerwin Vega >>
HED 162 MSRP: $

6.5" Titanium Nickel Alloy Vapor-deposition Injection-molded Pearl-mica Polypropylene Cone:
Uniform cone thickness; excellent internal dampening. Deep powerful bass; smooth midrange response; low distortion.

Titanium Nickel Composite 1/2"" Balanced Dome Tweeter:
Extended high frequency response; wide dispersion. Outstanding high frequency detail up to 22 kHz.

Built-in Passive Crossover:
Effectively distributes frequency bands to appropriate drivers. Improved sonic clarity and overall efficiency.

Low Profile Tweeter/Mid:
Easily fits behind factory grilles. Fast drop-in installation.

Direct Factory Replacement:
Adapts easily to factory cutouts. High-end component sound without major modification; saves install time.

rcnacura

December 16, 2002

Review 1 of 2 , from Sacrament, CA

Price Paid:  $160.00 from Distributor

1990 Acura Integra

Strengths:
Vocal and midrange bass Cost (comparatively)

Weaknesses:
not sure

Summary:
I love these speakers. I am a big infinity speaker fan and usually buy kappa or perfect series speakers, but I got these because the infinity's were out of stock at the time. So having no prior experience with CV, I gave it a shot (cheaper price too). I installed them and boy what I difference! They replaced the infinity reference 6.5 speakers in the front doors. I liked the infinity's but they lacked the midrange bass that I expected. The cerwins took care out that all together. I'm running 100 watts max to them and they sound impressive. Now I have found a new speaker company to be a fanatic about.

Infinity Reference, kappa, perfect.

rogerakk

November 13, 2001

Review 2 of 2 , from Jacksonville, FL U.S.

Price Paid:  $119.00 from BestBuy

1986 Maxima

Strengths:
The separation is great !! the clarity and clean sound.

Weaknesses:
not much bass, but i like clean highs better anyway

Summary:
These speakers are Incredible, I still have my factory stereo in my car, and these speakers have changed the sound so much, that it sounds like i have a very high end head unit, (my head unit is on order)

Polk Audio, JBL, junk compared to Cerwin Vega