Polk Audio EX572a

September 12, 2001

Review 1 of 10 , from BAYTOWN, TEXAS

Price Paid:  $65.00 from CIRCUIT CITY

2002 TOYOTA TACOMA 4X4

Strengths:
none

Weaknesses:
None

Summary:
I must say that I was very disappointed with these speakers. They did not even sound as good as my factory speakers. They do not have any bass and i am running plenty of power to them so there should be no excuse. I am going to take them back and find something different. You may laugh but i suggest buying your products at circuit city. I bought these speakers and they told me if I do not like them in 30 days come back and they will give me my money back no problem. Also I went to alot of the stereo shops looking for a head deck and they beat the competitions price on a alpine 7875 by $30.00, I only paid 319.66 installed.

None

mike

June 24, 2001

Review 2 of 10 , from cininnait, ohio

Strengths:
highs/mids

Weaknesses:
none given the speaker size

Summary:
mids and highs are good, good enough that any fault with them could easily be placement in the truck (doors). Bass is a little weak but if your buying a full range 5x7 your not going to get realistic bass anyway. The 5x7's I heard that had more bass were boomy and lacked detail.

more realistic sound than anything else in the price range i've heard. Adding a 8" polk woofer in a box enclosure which should fill out the bottom.

Joe

March 3, 2001

1 to 3 years

Review 3 of 10 , from Detroit

99 Cougar

Strengths:
Very clear sounding speakers. Worlds above the commodity speakers. Imaging is adequate although you always know the sound is coming from the speakers. (This may well be the radio head unit too)

Weaknesses:
A bit short in the bass. In the Cougar, it wouldn't pay to get two sets as I did since the rear speakers do not project as well to the driver and front seat passenger. But all in all, they made a stock 60W radio come alive.

Summary:
After 2 years of listening, I am pleased with the purchase.

Far better than stock

Dominique

February 25, 2001

Review 4 of 10 , from NY

Strengths:
Nice highs and mids using stock head unit easy replacement affordable

Weaknesses:
none

Summary:
These speakers sound really nice with stock head unit.The sound has come alive in the explorer, much more detail and clarity.I now heard things in the music that I never did before.I recommend thse speakers to any one with 5x7 cutouts that appreciates clarity and detail.these will soon be amped.Iknow I will be even more happy especially with price paid .@

replaced stock speakers on ford explorer.much better sound quality all around.

fongule

February 17, 2001

Review 5 of 10 , from NJ

Strengths:
had pretty clear high range

Weaknesses:
everything elses

Summary:
when placed side by side with my STOCK chevy speaks they sucked. I took them back. total waste of money, they were highly recomended, and they suck. I spent an hour rippin apart my truck for nothing. The stock speakers sounded much better except for extreme highs, not worth it at all
Maybe I expected too much, but 100 bucks for a pair of speakers that are not much beter than stock pisses me off

stock is better