Alpine 1220W

Andre

February 21, 2003

Price Paid:  $30.00 from circuit city

1220w

Strengths:
hit on time, no delay, LOUD!!

Weaknesses:
none

Summary:
These are great subs for what i paid for them. my whole setup cost me only 300 installed. i would recommend these to anyone looking for good subs. thes ound quality is great and they hit right on time. i have the running on a sony xplod 760 watt amp.

Brandon

February 3, 2003

Price Paid:  $63.00 from local warehouse

1220 12" infinity

Strengths:
hit hard, brand, head turner

Weaknesses:
none found yet

Summary:
I purchased 2 of these subs and they can do some damage. Im running a sony 760amp to them 150rms to each one. They are in a sealed (1.25cu ft) box. They do turn many heads and after intalling them with a friend we couldn't believe our ears. Im sure with a better amp they might even hit harder but im pleased with my purchase.

dathemayn

January 29, 2003

Review 3 of 16 , from Charleston, South Carolina

1220

Strengths:
Can take 600 watts, EXCELLENT VALUE

Weaknesses:
Slight lacking on SQ, not the greatest frequency curve, but the best I've heard for the price.

Summary:
For those of you who think these subs can't take power... you probably have absolutely no comprehension of how an amplifier works and what the gain does. I've run a pair of these in the recommended ported box on a JBL1200.1. Thats 600 watts a peice, and I ran them for a year before I upgraded, and they never blew or showed any signs of strain. Meanwhile they nearly blew my eardrums with fairly decent sounding, very loud bass.

Cerwin Vega Vega, Infinity Kappa, Infinity Perfect, JBL GTO1220... I love them ALL!!!!!!!!

sittingcow

October 10, 2002

Review 4 of 16 , from Mobile, AL

Price Paid:  $45.00 from eBay

Strengths:
Loud. Deep. Inexpensive.

Weaknesses:
Ummmm

Summary:
I just got these installed in my car a few days ago. I've got them in a Q-Logic vented bandpass box (1.96 cu ft), and I'm pushing them with an Orion 500.4 amp, bridged so each sub gets 250 watts. These babies sound sooooo nice. The bass is deep, rich, and clear. The gain on my amp is about 2/3 of the way up, and I have to turn my head unit into the 90s (out of 100) to hear any distortion. They sound great for any kind of music: rock, rap, techno, you name it.. And for the price, it's just unbelievable. There are better sounding speakers out there, but not for 45 bucks a pop. They sound SOOOOOOOOO much better than my crappy Volfenhags they replaced (DUH!).

Volfenhag ZX4712-DVX (Sounded like CRAP.) Kenwood KFC-W3002 (150 RMS. Sounded good, but I blew 'em like a fool.)

Rosemblim Lugo

October 1, 2002

Review 5 of 16 , from Chula Vista ca usa

Price Paid:  $65.00 from etronics.net

1220w

Strengths:
the brand is a reliable well none manufacturer of quality speakers they have great sound great price great boom the enclosure volume is small 1.25cuft for sealed 2.0cu.ft vented great for tight spaces like my 1996 2dr rav4 they also come with gold plated screw type terminals

Weaknesses:
none they are good all around

Summary:
great boom for the buck. ihave stuck to the manufacturers recommended enclosure volume and they pound. i have them hooked up to a cheap pyle amplifier and they sound great im planning to put in a jbl bp300.1 amp to get the full potential out of theese babys,

kenwood,kicker,jl audio