Alpine Kappa 120.1 SE

Keith Schutte

October 24, 2003

Price Paid:  $200.00 from fom my uncle

1999 2) 10"

Strengths:
they are awsome with the really low bass!!!

Weaknesses:
i have not found any weaknesses

Summary:
i think these subs kick @$$. i only have them at about 100W a piece, and they sound 10 times better than all my friends! Most people usually guess i have 2 15s or something like that, i usually have to show them they are 2 10s. i have them in an 8" box that i cut for a tighter fit. it was originally sealed, but i cut a hole in each side and put a 90 degree angle piece of pvc pipe, and they are now even louder. i have one about 80% of the competitons i have been in, in the dual sub class.

sean ellis

September 7, 2003

Review 2 of 5 , from Dallas, Tx

Price Paid:  $75.00 from friend

1999 Infinity Kappa 101.1se

Strengths:
Hits hard and nice

Weaknesses:
It puts out the music when its not suposed to but that might be do to not haveing an EQ and a crossover and probably my p.o.s head unit. Other than that its very nice. I luv it.............

Summary:
Hello all. I have the Infinity 101.1se kappa sub made in 1999. For an kinda older subwoofer it hits hard. Right now i have it hooked up in my 1988 toyota supra in which it came with. Its hooked up to a clarion amp and a p.o.s jensen head unit. But for an older sub in such a small space its hits really hard even at high levels. (And if anyone has one that they don't want or knows were to get another one it good condition, email me at s_ellis2@hotmail.com and title it subwoofer, so i know what the email regards) thanks..............

n/a

Brian

August 11, 2001

Review 3 of 5 , from Gainesville, FL

2000/100.1se 10" sub

Strengths:
Clean, tight bass that is accurate. Can get loud, especially in a little truck like mine :). Very cool looking emerald green cone.

Weaknesses:
It won't get super loud and is not for SPL people. I can easily push it past it's limits.

Summary:
Nice sub for the price. It's not an SPL competitor, but that's not what I bought it for. The SQ is excellent, tight, uncolored, musical bass and it does get loud at decent listening levels. It's in a sealed enclosure that is around .70cu ft, sitting behind the bench in my Tacoma std cab and I'm feeding it 240W. It's a great little sub, if you can get it for $100 or less, I definitely recommend it for someone who wants good SQ.

My friends Aluminum Eclipse 10", it has more bass, but it's in a bandpass box and well it's an Eclipse, those things are monsters. SQ is comparable though.

Danny Croop

August 1, 2001

6 months to 1 year

Review 4 of 5 , from Tacoma, WA

Strengths:
The new mids and tweets come with they're own external crossovers giving them more power handling and better sound quality than the already excellent .1i series speakers and the 255a amp has all the controls you need to adjust the sound to match your car.

Weaknesses:
The only problems I've run into is with the 255a amp. I have fried the subwoofer port twice and finally got tired of sending it back to the factory which is why I am looking for a seperate amp to run my subs, the 202a

Summary:
I've been using the infinity kappa .1i series speakers for the last year and just upgraded to the new .3i's. I don't believe anyone makes a better speaker for mids and tweets! I have a pair of 62.3i 6 1/2" speakers in the front and 692.3i 6x9s in the rear all pushed with an Infinity Kappa 255a 5 channel amp. I'm still working on the complete system but right now I also have a bandpass sub box with two cheap 12" subs pushed by a cheap 2 channel amp that I eventually plan to replace with an Infinity Kappa 202a 600 watt 2 channel amp and a pair of Infinity Kappa perfect 12s

None

jeebs

June 25, 2001

1 to 3 years

Review 5 of 5 , from evans, ga

Infinity Kappa 120.1se

Strengths:
Great sound quality, decent power handling, not too expensive

Weaknesses:
Distorts at high frequencies

Summary:
I have 2 Infinity Kappa 120.1se subs running on an Infinity Kappa 202a amp. I am really impressed with them. They have great sound quality, not to highest spl, but I have to say that they hit hard as hell for the price. Sounds kinda crappy at high frequencies but a crossover fixes that. I would really reccomend them over any subs that is even near the price. The only problem I have ever has is one time the plastic melted over the terminals but that was easy to fix.

MTX Thunder 6000, RF XLCs (better than both)